[Update: Official Opposition Papers added] Whatcha Got There? A Smoothie - Apple legally opposes Meal Prep Companies' Fruit Logo

rcmaehl

Update:
A copy of the official 352 page opposition can be found here: https://www.scribd.com/document/471822364/Apple-s-Notice-of-Opposition-v-Super-Healthy-Kids-Inc

Summary:

A food prep and meal planning company Prepear has publicly stated it's woes with Apple attempting to stop it's Pear shaped trademark.

Media:

Quotes

Prepear is a meal planner and grocery list app that helps people discover recipes and more. Right now they saying its logo is under legal attack from Apple. Apple “has opposed the trademark application for our small business, Prepear, demanding that we change our obviously pear shaped logo, used to represent our brand in the recipe management and meal planning business.” Prepear goes on to say, “before attacking us, Apple has opposed dozens of other trademark applications filed by small businesses with fruit related logos. Many of those logos were changed or abandoned. Most small businesses cannot afford the tens of thousands of dollars it would cost to fight Apple.” Prepear says they are a small company with only five staff and legal costs have already cost them “many thousands of dollars” plus laying off one team member. “It is a very terrifying experience to be legally attacked by one of the largest companies in the world, even when we have clearly done nothing wrong". Prepear says they “feel a moral obligation to take a stand against Apple’s aggressive legal action against small businesses and fight for the right to keep our logo.

My thoughts

Something Something iCarly Pearpods. In all seriousness, when I first read some of these headlines I though it was a tech company Apple was mad about, but no, it's a food company

Sources

IPhone Canada (Quote Source)

Apple Insider

Mac Rumors

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Seriously Apple? Do they really think all fruit logos are theirs now?

Like you said, It’s not even a tech company! And they didn’t seem to care when Nickelodeon used pear products for tons of popular shows even though they were obviously mimicking Apple.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

4 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

-snip-

BULL FUCKING SHIT

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

BULL FUCKING SHIT

It does sound a little farfetched

God forbid a company has a detached lanceolate leaf in their logo.

I hope Apple's lawyers are just bored.

@KayTees' Little Brother

My PC: Stepping Stones (2019)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4) Black DDR4-2133GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB

Case: Thermaltake View 27
Storage: SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SSD | Western Digital 3.5" 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W

Displays: LG 27GL63TBenQ GW2270 21.5"

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ Cherry MX Red Switches & 2010 Razer Blackwidow w/ Cherry MX Blues Switches

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC

Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Mobile Devices:

Spoiler

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro Almond (OnePlus GM1917)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" (SM-T330NU)

Previous Phones: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8), OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010), OnePlus 6 (OnePlus A6003)

PCPartsPicker:

Spoiler

PCPartsPicker Link: http://tiny.cc/KenTees

Last updated: April 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM

This is the kind of stupid that happens when laws force companies to litigate or lose their rights to their own trademark for not protecting it.  Sadly, this isn't on Apple, as funny as that would be, but a glaring reason for how badly patent/trademark/copyright reform needs to happen.

1 minute ago, KenTees said:

I hope Apple's lawyers are just bored.

I guess they have too much time to fill since the iPhone got delayed.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, justpoet said:

This is the kind of stupid that happens when laws force companies to litigate or lose their rights to their own trademark for not protecting it.  Sadly, this isn't on Apple, as funny as that would be, but a glaring reason for how badly patent/trademark/copyright reform needs to happen.

This makes no sense. If it was a logo that was similar to it I could understand but they look nothing alike. You don't lose the rights just because someone has another fruit based logo. That would be ridiculous. 

44 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Thats not how it works, at all. Apple own their logos trademark but can lose the rights to it if other people start using it and Apple do nothing to defend against it. That's one thing.

This is an entirely different logo altogether, it looks nothing like Apples and nobody would ever get the 2 confused.

This is very much on Apple and I hope the judge laughs them out of court then slaps them with a huge fine for being frivolous.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm surprised that they haven't forced Super and fruit markets to stop selling normal Apples. Imagine the Headlines: "Apple puts a stop on actual Apple sales in North America". And instead they'll launch their own Apple Product: Apple 2020 with a lot of Healthy Vitamins and other stuff for just 19.99 USD a fruit. Alongside the perfect gate: Wormgate

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

At this point, who doesn't know what Apple's logo looks like. Are they actually that concerned that people will mistake the two, do they think people are absolute morons?

This is just pathetic

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

to add onto this 

"[Apple] has decided to oppose and go after our small business' trademark saying our pear logo is too close to their apple logo and supposedly hurts their brand"

says the $1trillion company to a small start up.

image.png.1f26ec305a638619abd394424b6f3af3.png

there you go, Apple do actually think people are stupid. I don't think there's a soul on earth that would look at PrePear's logo and think "oh, is that Apple's logo? i didn't know they were doing food stuff now"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

This is a classic case of nuisance litigation, even though apple has nothing to gain from it other than the satisfaction of fucking the economy and a couple of hard workers over with another destroyed ailed business, they are still going to be a nuisance.

I'm still pissed that the beetles couldn't afford to keep fighting apple over the apple music trademarks debacle.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

after winning many battles apple corps ended up paying apple computers to use their own trademarks. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

53 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Apple is also showing the pear logo in black and white, which is deceptive when it's actually green. The color difference makes the two marks much more distinct.

Thats possibly just a side affect of the court documents being scanned.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

At this point, who doesn't know what Apple's logo looks like. Are they actually that concerned that people will mistake the two, do they think people are absolute morons?

This is just pathetic

Apple treating people like morons isn't something unheard of

2 hours ago, Pascal... said:

19.99 USD a fruit.

Get one for free every month with Apple care plus 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

PREPEAR

I see what you did there :) Also Apple, just fuck off. You don't own all the fruit logos all of a sudden neither seeing Prepear's logo made me think of Apple at all. And I'm an iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch user. Just stop it. Especially since name of this one is not just "fruit name". It's actually a cleverly picked.

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

do they think people are absolute morons

Well, they have convinced a LOT of people to pay exorbitant amounts for their products, so yes 🤣

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Ironic given Apple's legal history with their own name.

Remember Apple records? The record company that holds the rights to the Beatles.

yeah if I recall they tries to sue apple because of the sound capabilities of the Apple II GS. Because having a sound chip in the PC means Apple Computer was enteringthe music industry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

Huh, I didn't know Apple dealt in food...

No one in their right mind would mistake a pear for an apple.

Sounds like Apple's legal team is bored.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro