Asus ROG Strix 650G vs Corsair RM750x

McPlayHD

I was planning on getting a new PSU because since I now have a Asus ROG Strix 2070 Super I experience coil whine in the GPU when playing several games that draw a lot out of the GPU or just have a really high refresh rate like Minecraft

My current setup:

• PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650W
  • MB: AsRock Z370 Extreme4
  • CPU: i7-8700k
  • RAM: 2x16GB DDR4
  • GPU: Asus ROG Strix 2070 Super

Not only am I planning on changing the PSU but also the MB to an Asus Strix MB... And now my question is should I also get the Asus Strix PSU?

My options because of availability in Switzerland are currently to get the following:

• Asus ROG Strix 650G (650W)
  • Corsair RM750x *2018* (750W)

They both are about the same price.

My question is if I even need 750W because all the PSU calculators tell me that 650W is okey... They don't consider all my RGB though.

Is it even possible that if I buy the Asus ROG Strix 650G the GPU won't have coil whining anymore or is this also possible to be the cause of a poor motherboard? Because I already exchanged my GPU but the new one they sent me still has coil whining so I expect it to be the fault of either the MB or the PSU.

So the bottom line question is:

Should I go for the ROG Strix or a Corsair PSU if we consider the fact that I have a ROG Strix GPU and I am planning to get a Strix MB?

7 minutes ago, McPlayHD said:

Should I go for the ROG Strix or a Corsair PSU if we consider the fact that I have a ROG Strix GPU and I am planning to get a Strix MB?

That doesn't make any difference. Both are good PSUs, but the 750x is a better unit - if it's not much more expensive I'd try getting that one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

That doesn't make any difference. Both are good PSUs, but the 750x is a better unit - if it's not much more expensive I'd try getting that one.

Thanks for your answer :)

The 750x is even cheaper for some reason. So if you tell me the Corsair is better I'm more than happy to go for it. 

But if it doesn't make a difference... Will it even make a difference to the Cooler Master MWE Bronze 650W I currently have in my build?

11 hours ago, McPlayHD said:

. And now my question is should I also get the Asus Strix PSU?

they're both good afaik. but the rog one tends to be overpriced and expensive and does not bring anything special to the table.

if the rm750x is cheaper, definitely get that, though any reason to go with a 750w psu? an rm550x will be more than enough, unless the 750w is only slightly more expensive/ is on a deal. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: