Any Free/Infinite Scroll Wheel Mice Besides G502?

redsquirrel0249

I have one that's broken and need a new mouse, but hate the form factor. However, after using the scroll wheel for so long, I can't do without the free scroll but can't seem to find other options that have it even in Logitech's lineup. I'd love to get a GPro/305, but there aren't options with the scroll wheel I'm looking for.

If anyone can provide any other options with this feature or confirm that there aren't any, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

Any Free/Infinite Scroll Wheel Mice Besides G502?

Logitech MX Master 2S or MX Master 3.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 minutes ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

I have one that's broken and need a new mouse, but hate the form factor. However, after using the scroll wheel for so long, I can't do without the free scroll but can't seem to find other options that have it even in Logitech's lineup. I'd love to get a GPro/305, but there aren't options with the scroll wheel I'm looking for.

If anyone can provide any other options with this feature or confirm that there aren't any, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

G903

there are a few mice with the infinite scroll wheel those beeing:

- MX master series

- MX anywhere

- M720

*though the mice above are productivity/office mice.

- G604

- G903/G900 

though dont get the G900, that thing is filled with problems. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

On 8/8/2020 at 1:32 AM, Oswin said:

G900, that thing is filled with problem

what's wrong with it?

9 hours ago, gloop said:

starts to double clock 6-12 months after

Apparently it's also a 903 and 502 problem, and while it has gotten a lot of publicity, I've looked at quite a few reviews that have owned the product for that period of time and haven't had the issue and also seen plenty of threads with reliable fixes for the issue and also evidence that the warranty works just fine for the product. Given that I have a spare mouse as well, that wouldn't be an issue for me either. I'll look some more, if worse comes to worse, I may stick with what I've got or go with a 604, but no product is perfect. Even my 502 has a broken middle click after a few years, but you can just rebind the tilt to middle click and it functions almost the same.

Also found there's apparently a pretty simple lubricant fix for the switch click issue, though it remains to be seen whether I personally could get it to work if I were to get that issue in that situation.

14 minutes ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

Apparently it's also a 903 and 502 problem,

afaik, the new ones are less likely to experience this issue.

forgot to mention that iirc the G900 doesnt last as long as the new one.

Edited by Oswin

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

@Oswin Hard to say what you mean by new, as I see threads discussing fixes for this problem as recent as a year ago. Do you just mean 502 and 903? I've never had the problem on 502, and can't seem to find any differentiation for models of a "newer" 903, but I may just not know what to look for. At any rate, given the prices and the 2 year warranty and the time frame of the problem, I may just take my chances on the 900 given how much cheaper I can get the product versus a 903.

1 minute ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

@Oswin Hard to say what you mean by new, as I see threads discussing fixes for this problem as recent as a year ago. Do you just mean 502 and 903? I've never had the problem on 502, and can't seem to find any differentiation for models of a "newer" 903, but I may just not know what to look for. At any rate, given the prices and the 2 year warranty and the time frame of the problem, I may just take my chances on the 900 given how much cheaper I can get the product versus a 903.

yes i did mean the G903 and G502, the G903 had two versions one with a 3366 and one with a HERO sensor.

cant really know if your mouse doubleclicks or not, though just a reminder, it wont happen with every unit.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

12 hours ago, gloop said:

Nearly every model starts to double clock 6-12 months after purchase. 

Had this problem with mine. 

I was able to replace the switches in it. Cost me about $4. I replace them with switches that have a more actuation force, now it's my favorite mouse I have ever owned. (Don't tell my 13 year old MX518...) I still love you bby. You are just old. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 3:36 PM, Skipple said:

replace the switches

Where'd you get those? That's probably what I'll do if it happens and warranty is a hassle.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel0249 said:

Where'd you get those? That's probably what I'll do if it happens and warranty is a hassle.

I got these from Digikey It's not the easiest thing in the world and takes some soldering, but totally worth it.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

• 6 months later...

I know the thread is old and the original poster has probably long settled, but for others onlookers out there I have both a G700 and a G604. Too bad they discontinued the G700, because it's the better of the two to me. Even for small hands and fingertip grip, it's more comfortable than the G604, despite its size. The rise on the left side helps it a lot; I get more hand fatigue with the 604. Also, the actuation of the side buttons on the 604 doesn't feel as straightforward and intuitive; I have to second guess/overreach a lot before clicking. For productivity, it's passable, but for heavy gaming... yeah. 

I wanted more buttons than the G700 and to keep the fast scroll wheel, but overall I'm a bit disappointed with the 604. Still looking for a pre-emptive replacement for my G700... preferably MMO-style side buttons. At least, now, I can have fast scrolling mouses both at home and at work, even though both places become the same from time to time these days... ;)