Convert to UEFI - reinstall windows?

I built myself a new PC last week. (Parts list is here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Styxx1000/saved/m8HNcf, although I'm not sure that's much use for this issue) Today I realised that I've installed Windows on an MBR partitioned drive (NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus). This is my first build so there's a certain amount of learning for me here, basically I hadn't realised that this was a thing. I found another thread saying that UEFI needs the drive to be GPT partitioned. Also, this link was provided to convert: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

My main question is, is there any downside to converting the drive in this way, or would it be better for me to do a clean install of Windows? I've not done anything serious with the PC so far, so a clean install won't screw me, but if I can avoid having to set up everything again then that would be great. If I do need to re-install, am I likely to run into any issues with the Windows license key? Bearing in mind that I've already used it once, albeit on the same machine.

Also, to convert to UEFI I have found two sections in the BIOS that mention UEFI, please see attached pictures. I think that I need to set the first one to UEFI, and that I can leave the second on LEGACY+UEFI. Is that correct?

Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and reply.

Bios 1.jpg

Bios 2.jpg

That link will work fine, but honestly I'd say just leave it as is. The primary reason to use GPT is if you have a drive larger than 2 TB, and even then the partition scheme of your OS drive doesn't matter as long as the >2 TB disk is GPT.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

19 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

That link will work fine, but honestly I'd say just leave it as is. The primary reason to use GPT is if you have a drive larger than 2 TB, and even then the partition scheme of your OS drive doesn't matter as long as the >2 TB disk is GPT.

Thanks. Is that the only real benefit then? I thought it was supposed to perform better under UEFI.

32 minutes ago, Styxx said:

Thanks. Is that the only real benefit then? I thought it was supposed to perform better under UEFI.

It might boot a few seconds quicker with UEFI, but other than that there's absolutely no difference in your case. Once you're booted MBR (BIOS) and GPT (UEFI) perform identically.

There is a very heavy performance hit (near 75% performance loss) for using GPT if you have very old hardware that wasn't built to support GPT, but that's a nonissue here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11