Old projection TV, worth upgrading?

So I have a bit of a weird question for everyone here... I have a PC that runs most of the games I play at maximum graphics settings, 1080i (that's what I'm getting to) at 120fps. Now for the games coming out on the next generation consoles I was hoping to upgrade my PC to play AAA titles at the same spec but was wondering instead if I should upgrade my display. Rignt now I have probably one of the worst to ever appear on the forums. A 2004 Mitsubishi 1080 Series, AKA a 50 inch rear projection TV. Apologies for the poor quality photo, my room isn't well light. Now to be clear though, I haven't really had a problem with this TV, it seems fine for playing some games and I don't often play things like fast pace shooters so pixel response time isn't much of a concern (don't mind the fact it doesn't use pixels... 1080i, not 1080p) but I hadn't ever played on anything other then this and an old CRT so I'm definitely no expert. And forgot to mention, it doesn't have an HDMI or display port input (obviously) so I'm using a HDMI to component adapter which funnily enough cost more then I got the TV for. I guess on the upside it sounds better then any integrated monitor speakers, I'm pretty sure if they where hollowed out I could fit inside of thoes speakers.

20200807_201114.jpg

Edited by MAP_Finder
forgot to add detail

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Those old-school projection TVs are dope as fuck, especially the 1080i ones, but if you feel the need to go for a new screen, I can't blame you. Those things are fucking HEAVY.

I suppose weight isn't much of a concern sence I don't plan to ever move it around, but I just feel like I'm missing the "full game" and by that I mean I don't know if I'm getting all that my PC has to offer, it can do more then 1080i if I crank it up but I just don't know if the difference it makes is big enough to consider upgrading

Just now, MAP_Finder said:

I suppose weight isn't much of a concern sence I don't plan to ever move it around, but I just feel like I'm missing the "full game" and by that I mean I don't know if I'm getting all that my PC has to offer, it can do more then 1080i if I crank it up but I just don't know if the difference it makes is big enough to consider upgrading

I dunno, if you can max out a game at a display's max resolution, are you really throwing away the power of your desktop? If you're happy with your current TV, there's no real harm in having headroom in current games.

Really, if you're concerned about making your card suffer sing, you'd ideally get a 4K display but that might not be the most efficient use of your desktop. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

I dunno, if you can max out a game at a display's max resolution, are you really throwing away the power of your desktop? If you're happy with your current TV, there's no real harm in having headroom in current games.

Really, if you're concerned about making your card suffer sing, you'd ideally get a 4K display but that might not be the most efficient use of your desktop. 

Hmm 🤔 that's true