Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueScope819

What does "Sorry, this product is no longer available" mean on Lenovo.com?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've decided that I do in fact want the Lenovo 5 14 inch, (with AMD 4500U) but for some strange reason I had the tab open tonight and when I hit refresh it changed with a popup window to say

Sorry, this product is no longer available

Unfortunately the "IdeaPad 5 (14”" is no longer available

Which is super confusing because it just came out in March. Is this due to the supply problem with Ryzen Laptop APUs? I chatted with a sales rep and they had no idea what was going on, all they said was "in my experience it won't be restocked", etc which of course makes no sense because of the above.

Anyone know what this may mean and when I will be able to buy the laptop?

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-500-series/IdeaPad-5-14ARE05/p/88IPS501392

This is what the page should look like:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-500-series/IdeaPad-5-14ARE05/p/88IPS501392

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Exactly what it means, it's not available.

It can either be because they've discontinued it already or because it's out of stock, just like nearly every other laptop with this CPU is. Either way, it doesn't change the meaning of the phrase "no longer available".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Ryzen 4000 shortage hit Lenovo very hard.

My laptop went from 48 hours shipping to "over 5 weeks" in the 24 hours I had it in my cart.

Just now, TetraSky said:

Exactly what it means, it's not available.

It can either be because they've discontinued it already or because it's out of stock, just like nearly every other laptop with this CPU is. Either way, it doesn't change the meaning of the phrase "no longer available".

Yeah but that really doesn't help me in terms of timing. If it's discontinued I'll have to look for another model but out of stock is different than no longer available they have a different system for that, as you can see (i added another url to my post)

#MuricaParrotGang

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Ryzen 4000 shortage hit Lenovo very hard.

My laptop went from 48 hours shipping to "over 5 weeks" in the 24 hours I had it in my cart.

Well, shit. That's what I thought. But of course they wouldn't discontinue any lines because of that, only mark it as "extended out of stock" or something, right?

#MuricaParrotGang

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

Well, shit. That's what I thought. But of course they wouldn't discontinue any lines because of that, only mark it as "extended out of stock" or something, right?

No. This happened with the Ideapad Slim 7 I was initially going to get. Every other week it was either in stock or listed the same way you came across.

Lenovo is weird. Their site is laid out like no one talks to anyone in other departments.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

No. This happened with the Ideapad Slim 7 I was initially going to get. Every other week it was either in stock or listed the same way you came across.

Lenovo is weird. Their site is laid out like no one talks to anyone in other departments.

Okay I'll be watching it like a hawk then. Just yesterday I talked to a sales rep who said they would send me an automated email when it's in stock, and today, this. Thanks for the info. You should be able to reserve the next spot in line....

#MuricaParrotGang

Take it at face value:

The product is no longer available from Lenovo, and they are sorry about it.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

5 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Take it at face value:

The product is no longer available from Lenovo, and they are sorry about it.

What do you think about this?

14 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

The CPU released less than 6 months ago and they are still selling 8th gen stuff on their website no way it's been discontinued

#MuricaParrotGang

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

What do you think about this?

The CPU released less than 6 months ago and they are still selling 8th gen stuff on their website no way it's been discontinued

Did you mean to quote me? 👀

18 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Did you mean to quote me? 👀

Yeah, I meant it like as a reply to him so that he would see your reply the bit under your quote was just the closing part of my statement sorry if it was unclear.

#MuricaParrotGang

42 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah, I meant it like as a reply to him so that he would see your reply the bit under your quote was just the closing part of my statement sorry if it was unclear.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ok. Got it.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ok. Got it.

Your "ohhhh...." reminded me of this

#MuricaParrotGang

3 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

2 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

It's magic. Never believe it's not so

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati