my pc turns off without a reason ... plz help !!

hi guys 

im having a serious problem in pc, and idk what to do !! nothing makes sense for me here !!

my pc turns off and on randomly while im playing vid .

i had this pc for a year and half and it was working. no problems at all .

now for my last test .... it took 4 min to get the pc to shut off ... i mean the temps are looking good the power is looking good too ... the vrm is cool !! im not overclocked or something !!

now i dont know who i should contact ... cause i have a custom build with parts from all the place .. so im in a problem . a big time one 

when i was doing the test i recorded with my phone + with HWiNFO64 and everything seems really good !!

btw i noticed something ... now im not able to turn on the xmp for my rams like how i used to be able to do ... idk what that means but i just wanted to throw it there if it could make sense for u guys !!

when im turning on the xmp my pc will crash after 3s after getting to the desktop ... and it will make a sound like a radio on my headsets 

guys plz if u could help me i would be soooo thankful to u ... cause i really got nothing to try !!

and thanks

this is the video from my phone !

https://k.top4top.io/m_1680w3as51.mp4

my parts :

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3000Mhz RGB C16
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6G
Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5
cooler master mwe 650w gold

test 2.CSV

Start by testing with MemTest86. Report back. 

I'm actually second guessing this how seeing how it's just going black with no BSOD. 

Anything in the event viewer?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

stutters? well i got those when i oc'd, the gpu too high, so since you don't oc some parts likely dying. try1 stick of ram individually in system, and do minimal to see whats bad

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

If the screen goes black but the pc seems to still be running, the gpu driver dropped and failed to restart.

You can restart the driver yourself by hitting these 4 keys at the same time.

Win + Ctrl + Shift + B keys.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

You can restart the driver yourself by hitting these 4 keys at the same time.

Win + Ctrl + Shift + B keys.

Holy shit TIL. Wow, that's a good one. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

Holy shit TIL. Wow, that's a good one. 

Yeah, I gotta few tricks up my sleeves ;)

nn guys the pc turns off !! it will boot the bios and windows again ... it is not just a ''pause from the gpu'' 

the game how u can see was running without a single problem ... and out of no where it turns off and reboots again !

could u guys take a look at the file ?? if there is anything that would lead to something ?? 

im gonna try that !! right now 

8 hours ago, Skipple said:

Start by testing with MemTest86. Report back. 

I'm actually second guessing this how seeing how it's just going black with no BSOD. 

Anything in the event viewer?

im sorry could u explain more ?? 

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

Just now, agent z said:

im sorry could u explain more ?? 

I'm asking you to check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any crash reports there we can look at.

ask me about my homelab

11 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I'm asking you to check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any crash reports there we can look at.

i never knew this was here !! 

i dont even know how to what this stuff mean !! 

Annotation 2020-08-08 011533.jpg

1 minute ago, agent z said:

i never knew this was here !! 

i dont even know how to what this stuff mean !! 

Annotation 2020-08-08 011533.jpg

Open Critical. Take a screenshot of the last event in there.

ask me about my homelab

btw thank u soo much buddy for trying to help .... and im sorry for the delay 

i was swapping rams ... trying Snowarch's  method to see if it going to work !! 

7 hours ago, Skipple said:

Open Critical. Take a screenshot of the last event in there.

Annotation 2020-08-08 014905.jpg

Annotation 2020-08-08 014839.jpg

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

@agent z

Ok, assuming your bios, operating system and drivers are all up to date, I'll just go ahead and name your power supply as the culprit. Your motherboard is a close second, but you basically ruled that out with the vrm temperatures being normal. Your power supply is missing a very important protection feature called "over current protection" shown below in black letters. This is the one basic protection your power supply is missing. You might want to get a power supply of the same wattage and 80+ rating of your current PSU that also has all of these features listed. 

OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, OTP

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

16 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

@agent z

Ok, assuming your bios, operating system and drivers are all up to date, I'll just go ahead and name your power supply as the culprit. Your motherboard is a close second,

I was actually thinking it was the other way around until you mentioned it, yea the PSU is not the greatest in the world either. Flip a coin. 

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

I was actually thinking it was the other way around until you mentioned it, yea the PSU is not the greatest in the world either. Flip a coin. 

I mean, I've seen war stories about your motherboard on sites like Reddit and Quora, with its vrm's getting insanely hot at like 110 degree's, but I'm willing to bet its the power supply that is the issue, only because its missing that one protection feature. Even though it is said that these power supplies are high quality this and that, I would still steer clear of it if its missing any of those basic protections. I wouldn't want to give my computer any excuse whatsoever to give me drama, so I make sure all the I's are dotted and all the T's are crossed. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

3 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

I mean, I've seen war stories about your motherboard on sites like Reddit and Quora, with its vrm's getting insanely hot at like 110 degree's, but I'm willing to bet its the power supply that is the issue, only because its missing that one protection feature. Even though it is said that these power supplies are high quality this and that, I would still steer clear of it if its missing any of those basic protections. I wouldn't want to give my computer any excuse whatsoever to give me drama, so I make sure all the I's are dotted and all the T's are crossed. 

You mean the Original Poster's motherboard? Or mine... which one of my boards would you refer to??

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You mean the Original Poster's motherboard? Or mine... which one of my boards would you refer to??

Yeah, his motherboard I meant, lots of people moaning about its vrm's across the net. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

3 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Yeah, his motherboard I meant, lots of people moaning about its vrm's across the net. 

I pulled the specs.

Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K5 ISL95712 (4 + 3)

4C10N

2x 

CPU VCC   4C10N /4C06N

Should put a fan right on em' I agree.

i dont think mine is having any problems when comes to that !! u see in the vid it was chilling there while i was gaming

btw im doing some tests right now ... and i think we have another player !! the mother flipping dipping rams !!

im still doing my test though .... idk know what to say ... im lost ! 

4 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I pulled the specs.

Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K5 ISL95712 (4 + 3)

4C10N

2x 

CPU VCC   4C10N /4C06N

Should put a fan right on em' I agree.

This is the problem I have with these companies. They set up these motherboards with these shit vrm's, and then market them as "for gaming", the one activity a user could do that will put the system under a pretty heavy load. 🙃

4 hours ago, agent z said:

i dont think mine is having any problems when comes to that !! u see in the vid it was chilling there while i was gaming

btw im doing some tests right now ... and i think we have another player !! the mother flipping dipping rams !!

It might not be your motherboard. As you said, the vrm temperatures are fine. Assuming you aren't overclocking in any way, like having XMP enabled in the bios, I have to conclude that the power supply is the main culprit. I would just replace that first with one decked out with all of those protections I listed and see if it works. 

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

6 minutes ago, agent z said:

Let us know what your results are after testing your memory and a different PSU. 

Look at the VRM temps and Know they are not running hot.

4 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

This is the problem I have with these companies. They set up these motherboards with these shit vrm, and call them market them as "for gaming", the one activity a user could do that will put the system under a pretty heavy load. 🙃

nn buddy dont disrespect my vrms !! they are like a father to me ... i love them like a son

look at the vid https://k.top4top.io/m_1680w3as51.mp4

they are not vrm , they are ice cubes !! cold AF 

10 minutes ago, agent z said:

nn buddy dont disrespect my vrms !! they are like a father to me ... i love them like a son

look at the vid https://k.top4top.io/m_1680w3as51.mp4

they are not vrm , they are ice cubes !! cold AF 

😆, ok, just replace the power supply. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 hour ago, BlackManINC said:

😆, ok, just replace the power supply. 

hi buddy 

i was doing a test where i pulled off one of my rams ... to ended up with one in my setup (8gb)

the weird thing is that with one ram stick the pc i manages to play + an hour before it turned off again (compare to 5-10min using two ram sticks)

and it doesnt matter which ram stick it is, or which ram slot that im using !! they behave the same way 

does that point to something ?? is it the motherboard ?? or still the psu ?? 

cause im afraid it could be the mb and i would change the psu like a dummy dumb !

this is doesnt make any sense for me 

1 minute ago, agent z said:

hi buddy 

i was doing a test where i pulled off one of my rams ... to ended up with one in my setup (8gb)

the weird thing is that with one ram stick the pc i manages to play + an hour before it turned off again (compare to 5-10min using two ram sticks)

and it doesnt matter which ram stick it is, or which ram slot that im using !! they behave the same way 

does that point to something ?? is it the motherboard ?? or still the psu ?? 

cause im afraid it could be the mb and i would change the psu like a dummy dumb !

this is doesnt make any sense for me 

Could either be a lack of power being supplied to the motherboard, or the motherboard itself being faulty. Its easier to replace the PSU than the motherboard so. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 minute ago, BlackManINC said:

Could either be a lack of power being supplied to the motherboard, or the motherboard itself being faulty. Its easier to replace the PSU than the motherboard so. 

is there a way to be 100 percent sure ... sure that it is the problem ... and after changing it the problem will just vanish (like how my dad did after he said he is going to get milk)

cause buddy i need to justify the cost ... my budget is soo tight !!