Upgrade CPU or Start over?

I have an intel i7 5820K that is paired with a GTX Titan X(M)  and I am planning on starting my upgrades. The whole system is  hard line water cooled so changing components is kind of a pain. my question is would it be worth just upgrading my CPU to an something like a 5960X or completely Upgrading my motherboard and CPU to something like a Ryzen 9 3900xt.   The issue I am having is I play WoW and for some reason during raid I see dips in my FPS down into the 40-50's and it sucks.  I have been rocking basically the same hardware for about 4-5 years now and it has suited me very well but I cant stand the dips.   (1440p) 

you can get a 5960x which should be an upgrade, though HEDT chips even used tend to for a lot afaik. 

wait for zen 3  ( Q3/Q4 of this year supposedly) and then decide which platform you want to move to. as the 5820k should do the job for now. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

The issue I am having is I play WoW and for some reason during raid I see dips in my FPS down into the 40-50's and it sucks.

7 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

intel i7 5820K that is paired with a GTX Titan X(M)

Honestly, this doesn't sound like a hardware issue to me. A 5820k should be able to handle WoW with no issues. 

As for 5820k->5960x... I highly doubt WoW's ability to scale to more cores. You might actually get WORSE performance from a 5960x simply due to the frequency drop. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

5 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

The issue I am having is I play WoW and for some reason during raid I see dips in my FPS down into the 40-50's and it suck

r u sure it's not just the game being badly coded?

imagine a PC of your caliber not being able to run that game well

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

r u sure it's not just the game being badly coded?

imagine a PC of your caliber not being able to run that game well

The game is badly coded but I with what I have I should be getting better FPS I dont know maybe I should see if there is a fix for WoW to make it utilize my hardware better. 

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

The game is badly coded but I with what I have I should be getting better FPS I dont know maybe I should see if there is a fix for WoW to make it utilize my hardware better. 

try having some monitoring softwares open while you play (individual CPU core usage, GPU usage, and disk usage would be what i would look at)

see what's spiking when you see FPS drops

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Do what @Moonzy suggested first. It's any easy way to see if you have a bottleneck somewhere 

If that doesn't give you much of anything you can also try uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU in safemode, then reinstalling.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 hour ago, ELSknutson said:

Ryzen 9 3900xt

x and xt only have 100mhz diff. not worth it