Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Santeriow

Installing drivers and windows

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, I have a few problems. I built my pc a few weeks back and i didn't really bother to write about it until now. So first of all every time i open my computer i need to press f1 and then f8 to get to the boot manager and i need to manually boot windows every time i start it through that. Is there any way to make this process automatic? I really don't want to open it manually every time i start up my computer. Second issue, every time i try to install motherboard or cpu drivers it says that i don't have the minimum hardware required or something along those lines. I can't figure out what it is. Maybe i should try updating the bios? (I have windows 10 home on a usb)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

Hello, I have a few problems. I built my pc a few weeks back and i didn't really bother to write about it until now. So first of all every time i open my computer i need to press f1 and then f8 to get to the boot manager and i need to manually boot windows every time i start it through that. Is there any way to make this process automatic? I really don't want to open it manually every time i start up my computer. Second issue, every time i try to install motherboard or cpu drivers it says that i don't have the minimum hardware required or something along those lines. I can't figure out what it is. Maybe i should try updating the bios? (I have windows 10 home on a usb)

Yeah that shouldn't be happening.

What are the specs of your system?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

Generated

How did you install Windows?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

Through a usb

Your main (or only?) storage drive was fresh and new when you installed Windows, yes?

Where did you get your Windows .iso from?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Your main (or only?) storage drive was fresh and new when you installed Windows, yes?

Where did you get your Windows .iso from?

yeah i installed it on my main (only) ssd that had nothing else in it. I got the windows from a good tech store called verkkokauppa.com if you're interested in the exact store

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Santeriow said:

yeah i installed it on my main (only) ssd that had nothing else in it. I got the windows from a good tech store called verkkokauppa.com if you're interested in the exact store

Interesting, as Windows is acting like it didn't install the boot loader.

When you go into BIOS, what is your boot order set as? (you can post a screen shot here, might be helpful)


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Interesting, as Windows is acting like it didn't install the boot loader.

When you go into BIOS, what is your boot order set as? (you can post a screen shot here, might be helpful)

This? 

IMG_20200807_155014.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

This

Yes, ok, so it's set for the right device.

I assume you press F1 to get into BIOS, what does the F8 do? And if you don't do this, what happens?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

This? 

IMG_20200807_155014.jpg

i have to click on the boot manager every time for it to start windows in case i didn't make that clear

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, ok, so it's set for the right device.

I assume you press F1 to get into BIOS, what does the F8 do?

f8 sends me to the boot screen where i just need to click on what i want to boot theres nothing else there

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Santeriow said:

f8 sends me to the boot screen where i just need to click on what i want to boot theres nothing else there

 

Ok, and if you don't do this, what happens?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, and if you don't do this, what happens?

Then im just stuck on the start screen 

IMG_20200807_155905.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Santeriow said:

Then im just stuck on the start screen 

It[s the CPU fan error. That's why it won't boot...


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

It[s the CPU fan error. That's why it won't boot...

I dont have any cpu fans connected 🤔 all my case fans are plugged into the fan hub at the back and the cooler fans are plugged into the aio

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Santeriow said:

I dont have any cpu fans connected 🤔 all my case fans are plugged into the fan hub at the back and the cooler fans are plugged into the aio

 

That's the problem. The BIOS is looking for a CPU fan connection, and not finding one, halts the system to prevent damage.

You *might* be able to tell the BIOS to ignore that detection, but I don't know the ins and outs of that BIOS by heart, so you'll have to poke about


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's the problem. The BIOS is looking for a CPU fan connection, and not finding one, halts the system to prevent damage.

You *might* be able to tell the BIOS to ignore that detection, but I don't know the ins and outs of that BIOS by heart, so you'll have to poke about

Hmm any idea where it could be at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Santeriow said:

Hmm any idea where it could be at all

May be under the "Q fan Control" or the "Advanced" section. it should be a very obvious option like "ignore fan errors"


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

May be under the "Q fan Control" or the "Advanced" section. it should be a very obvious option like "ignore fan errors"

This is what the qfan control looks like

IMG_20200807_161121.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

This is what the qfan control looks like

I hate the colour coding on the option for PWN/DC, because it's not clear which is being selected.

This may take some trial and error, but in any event, keep looking around the BIOS (or your motherboard manual) for more obvious parts


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I hate the colour coding on the option for PWN/DC, because it's not clear which is being selected.

This may take some trial and error, but in any event, keep looking around the BIOS (or your motherboard manual) for more obvious parts

In qfan control i can turn off every fan but the cpu fan

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

In qfan control i can turn off every fan but the cpu fan

Not surprising really, a CPU is kind of a critical thing.

 

Do this, do a google search for "cpu fan error" and the name of your motherboard, and see if others have some ideas on how to squelch that error.

 


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not surprising really, a CPU is kind of a critical thing.

 

Do this, do a google search for "cpu fan error" and the name of your motherboard, and see if others have some ideas on how to squelch that error.

 

I just found it i used the search bar which i didnt see before

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×