Installing drivers and windows

Hello, I have a few problems. I built my pc a few weeks back and i didn't really bother to write about it until now. So first of all every time i open my computer i need to press f1 and then f8 to get to the boot manager and i need to manually boot windows every time i start it through that. Is there any way to make this process automatic? I really don't want to open it manually every time i start up my computer. Second issue, every time i try to install motherboard or cpu drivers it says that i don't have the minimum hardware required or something along those lines. I can't figure out what it is. Maybe i should try updating the bios? (I have windows 10 home on a usb)

30 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

Hello, I have a few problems. I built my pc a few weeks back and i didn't really bother to write about it until now. So first of all every time i open my computer i need to press f1 and then f8 to get to the boot manager and i need to manually boot windows every time i start it through that. Is there any way to make this process automatic? I really don't want to open it manually every time i start up my computer. Second issue, every time i try to install motherboard or cpu drivers it says that i don't have the minimum hardware required or something along those lines. I can't figure out what it is. Maybe i should try updating the bios? (I have windows 10 home on a usb)

Yeah that shouldn't be happening.

What are the specs of your system?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

Generated

How did you install Windows?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

How did you install Windows?

Through a usb

7 minutes ago, Santeriow said:

Through a usb

Your main (or only?) storage drive was fresh and new when you installed Windows, yes?

Where did you get your Windows .iso from?

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Your main (or only?) storage drive was fresh and new when you installed Windows, yes?

Where did you get your Windows .iso from?

yeah i installed it on my main (only) ssd that had nothing else in it. I got the windows from a good tech store called verkkokauppa.com if you're interested in the exact store

1 minute ago, Santeriow said:

yeah i installed it on my main (only) ssd that had nothing else in it. I got the windows from a good tech store called verkkokauppa.com if you're interested in the exact store

Interesting, as Windows is acting like it didn't install the boot loader.

When you go into BIOS, what is your boot order set as? (you can post a screen shot here, might be helpful)

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Interesting, as Windows is acting like it didn't install the boot loader.

When you go into BIOS, what is your boot order set as? (you can post a screen shot here, might be helpful)

This? 

IMG_20200807_155014.jpg

This

Yes, ok, so it's set for the right device.

I assume you press F1 to get into BIOS, what does the F8 do? And if you don't do this, what happens?

This? 

IMG_20200807_155014.jpg

i have to click on the boot manager every time for it to start windows in case i didn't make that clear

Yes, ok, so it's set for the right device.

I assume you press F1 to get into BIOS, what does the F8 do?

f8 sends me to the boot screen where i just need to click on what i want to boot theres nothing else there

f8 sends me to the boot screen where i just need to click on what i want to boot theres nothing else there

Ok, and if you don't do this, what happens?

Ok, and if you don't do this, what happens?

Then im just stuck on the start screen 

IMG_20200807_155905.jpg

Then im just stuck on the start screen 

It[s the CPU fan error. That's why it won't boot...

It[s the CPU fan error. That's why it won't boot...

I dont have any cpu fans connected 🤔 all my case fans are plugged into the fan hub at the back and the cooler fans are plugged into the aio

I dont have any cpu fans connected 🤔 all my case fans are plugged into the fan hub at the back and the cooler fans are plugged into the aio

That's the problem. The BIOS is looking for a CPU fan connection, and not finding one, halts the system to prevent damage.

You *might* be able to tell the BIOS to ignore that detection, but I don't know the ins and outs of that BIOS by heart, so you'll have to poke about

That's the problem. The BIOS is looking for a CPU fan connection, and not finding one, halts the system to prevent damage.

You *might* be able to tell the BIOS to ignore that detection, but I don't know the ins and outs of that BIOS by heart, so you'll have to poke about

Hmm any idea where it could be at all

Hmm any idea where it could be at all

May be under the "Q fan Control" or the "Advanced" section. it should be a very obvious option like "ignore fan errors"

May be under the "Q fan Control" or the "Advanced" section. it should be a very obvious option like "ignore fan errors"

This is what the qfan control looks like

IMG_20200807_161121.jpg

This is what the qfan control looks like

I hate the colour coding on the option for PWN/DC, because it's not clear which is being selected.

This may take some trial and error, but in any event, keep looking around the BIOS (or your motherboard manual) for more obvious parts

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I hate the colour coding on the option for PWN/DC, because it's not clear which is being selected.

This may take some trial and error, but in any event, keep looking around the BIOS (or your motherboard manual) for more obvious parts

In qfan control i can turn off every fan but the cpu fan

In qfan control i can turn off every fan but the cpu fan

Not surprising really, a CPU is kind of a critical thing.

Do this, do a google search for "cpu fan error" and the name of your motherboard, and see if others have some ideas on how to squelch that error.

Not surprising really, a CPU is kind of a critical thing.

Do this, do a google search for "cpu fan error" and the name of your motherboard, and see if others have some ideas on how to squelch that error.

I just found it i used the search bar which i didnt see before

Now i just gotta figure out how to install the drivers