MSI 2080S power cables

Hey!

I recently installed the card and a Seasonic 750 PX. On the psu install guide it says that its recommended to install the power connectors with 2 separate cables. However they only included 2 and I use one for the cpu. Would connecting a single split cable make a difference? If I had to connect it with 2 different cables it would have a connector just dangling there in the case.

The other single pcie cable also has a cpu sticker on it. Does it mean it cant be used to power the gpu? or is it basically the same cable and the laber is just for reference?

Sorry if its a dumb question, but its my first build.

1 minute ago, vishy92 said:

However they only included 2 and I use one for the cpu.

The PCIe power cables for the graphics card are not the same as the EPS12V CPU power cables.

The Seasonic PX 750W should come with two EPS12V 8pin CPU power cables and two PCIe cables which each have two 6+2pin connectors per cable (total of 4 connectors).

image.thumb.png.ba209ca983e034e0c7097ddca2fab1e7.png

You can either use one PCIe cable using both connectors on the end of one cable, or you can use two separate PCIe cables using one connector from each cable. IIRC Seasonic recommends using two separate cables for graphics cards that draw more than 225W.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The PCIe power cables for the graphics card are not the same as the EPS12V CPU power cables.

The Seasonic PX 750W should come with two EPS12V 8pin CPU power cables and two PCIe cables which each have two 6+2pin connectors per cable (total of 4 connectors).

image.thumb.png.ba209ca983e034e0c7097ddca2fab1e7.png

You can either use one PCIe cable using both connectors on the end of one cable, or you can use two separate PCIe cables using one connector from each cable. IIRC Seasonic recommends using two separate cables for graphics cards that draw more than 225W.

I see. Thank you! My main problem with that is it just looks silly when you use 2cables and the unused connectors are just hanging there. Guess I'll fgure something out. 

3 minutes ago, vishy92 said:

I see. Thank you! My main problem with that is it just looks silly when you use 2cables and the unused connectors are just hanging there. Guess I'll fgure something out. 

You can cable tie the extra connector back on to the cable to keep it a bit neater.

If you don't mind spending a bit of extra cash you could buy replacement PCIe cables that only have a single PCIe connector on the end of each cable. Grab some fancy sleeved cables in cool colours or whatever. Look at companies that make custom cables and see if they have any compatible with the Seasonic Prime/Focus (the cable needs to be compatible with your PSU). Not a cheap option though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

You can cable tie the extra connector back on to the cable to keep it a bit neater.

If you don't mind spending a bit of extra cash you could buy replacement PCIe cables that only have a single PCIe connector on the end of each cable. Grab some fancy sleeved cables in cool colours or whatever. Look at companies that make custom cables and see if they have any compatible with the Seasonic Prime/Focus (the cable needs to be compatible with your PSU). Not a cheap option though.

Im checking now, if I can find any replacement cables for the psu in my country. Thanks for the tipps. You can close the thread. Have a nice day!

30 minutes ago, vishy92 said:

Im checking now, if I can find any replacement cables for the psu in my country. Thanks for the tipps. You can close the thread. Have a nice day!

You could use cable extensions if you wanted to also btw 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ?