AIO cooler is it necessary???

Hi,

I am from India. I recently built my own pc.

But i am struck at whether to go for an AIO cooler because when i run my pc at 60fps locked with nvidia V sync for games like shadow of tomb raider, call of duty modern warfare my temp of my cpu goes 70+ and gpu around 65+ in celcius.

I watched videos about cooling in the youtube but still i am confused.

I use my pc for work and gaming so per day average i work around 8 hours for which i dont need much cooling basically is just with couple of non gpu based works

Per day i spend like 4 to 5 hours in gaming

weekends 8+ hours

The below are my system specs

CPU                               -     i5 9600KF

CPU cooler                    -     antec c400 elite

GPU                               -     MSI armor RTX 2070 8GB OC

mobo                              -     MSI z390A pro

RAM                               -     32gb adata XPG spectrix 2133mhz(4x8GB) DDR4

cabinet                           -     ant esports 200tg

PSU                               -     antec eag pro 650w

Thanks in advance

You should start worrying when your CPU reaches 90-95C with normal use, not 70C.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Your temps are within the safe operating temperature, so there's no issue really.

53 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

You should start worrying when your CPU reaches 90-95C with normal use, not 70C.

hey thanks for the tip man. what i worry is i am living in a tropical country where you know the normal outside temp is around 35 to 39'C. the temp posted in the initials are the normal temperature when i lock the games at 60fps and for Massive multiplayer like PUBG or warzone i dont enable v sync. When the V sync is disable i do get around 100+ fps but the temps keep rising, GPU went upto 80'c cause that is limit i have set in my afterburner and CPU also same temp levels. but based on the hours of gaming and usage it kind a fears me that i would lose the life of the processor within two years or three

Edited by sam_streetracer
missed a words

27 minutes ago, sam_streetracer said:

hey thanks for the tip man. what i worry is i am living in a tropical country where you know the normal outside temp is around 35 to 39'C. the temp posted in the initials are the normal temperature when i lock the games at 60fps and for Massive multiplayer like PUBG or warzone i dont enable v sync. When the V sync is disable i do get around 100+ fps but the temps keep rising, GPU went upto 80'c cause that is limit i have set in my afterburner and CPU also same temp levels. but based on the hours of gaming and usage it kind a fears me that i would lose the life of the processor within two years or three

For safe 24/7 use, try to keep your CPU temps at a constant 85C or under, and for Turing GPUs like your 2070, anything under 88C is fine. No need to worry.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC