Need help identifying tripod

Nabhan

Hi everyone, while going through stuff in my house my brother and I found a tripod which belonged to our grandfather. We're trying to identify it because it's missing it's mounting plate and my brother wants to use it because it seems quite heavy duty. What we can tell is that it's made by a brand called Viron and the model number seems to be VT-806 but I couldn't find anything online. The hole for the mounting plate is 45mm x 50mm and the price label seems to indicate that our grandfather bought it in 1991. Any help would gladly be appreciated.

Thank you

So what do you actually need lol, haven't you identified it as a Viron VT-806 xD

A picture of it would massively improve your chances.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

17 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

So what do you actually need lol, haven't you identified it as a Viron VT-806 xD

A picture of it would massively improve your chances.

I'm not sure if that is actually the model number because the label is faded, I'm just guessing that's what it is from what I can see. I tried googling the model number but couldn't find anything online so I was hoping someone else may know it and where I can get spare parts. I put some pictures here, I forgot about them in my original post.

15967907555531732652509295632166.jpg

15967907834196830458862535046068.jpg

15967908053984996700646422449725.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That actually looks fairly flimsy for a tripod. And because it so old, it probably doesn't have a compatible quick release plate type still in existence, though it looks somewhat similar to the Manfrotto RC2 type system.

Probably better off tossing it out, and getting a proper tripod with a more universal mount; ones that use the Arca Swiss mount are pretty much the industry standard these days due to their universality.