Does the AMD RX 560 still hold up?

TechyWinkie

I have been using my PC for 4 years now, it's showing signs of age, and my graphics card used to be pretty fast during that time running my favorite games at 100 FPS. Is the RX 560 still a good standard for today's graphics cards?

it depends on what you do really

if you play the same game forever, then it'll be good forever

personally still using an RX460 to play games occasionally on my secondary PC

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

46 minutes ago, TechyWinkie said:

Is the RX 560 still a good standard for today's graphics cards?

Don't really understand the question. It's vastly inferior to current generation cards, and even some last generation cards for that matter, but the only question that every really matters is: is it good enough for you? If all you do is play CS:GO and LoL, sure, it's great. If you're wanting to play modern AAA titles at higher than low settings, probably not so much.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

The 460/560 and 1050 have become the new 750 Ti. Solid little cards available cheap on the used market and capable of handling last-gen games at mid-details 1080p.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Don't really understand the question. It's vastly inferior to current generation cards, and even some last generation cards for that matter, but the only question that every really matters is: is it good enough for you? If all you do is play CS:GO and LoL, sure, it's great. If you're wanting to play modern AAA titles at higher than low settings, probably not so much.

Yeah I meant playing new AAA titles like ones from Ubisoft or some other big game right now. Thank you for answering the question though!