toughbook password problems

TH3M4DR4TT3R

I've got myself a toughbook cf-c2ah10hba and all I get is a password prompt when I start it up. I can't access the bios at all no matter which buttons I press on the keyboard. I get the Panasonic splash screen and then a box saying "password". After 3 attempts it reboots to the same thing. I have no access to Windows either. 

The only thing I can think of would be to remove the cmos battery and the laptop battery and discharge everything or (a friend's suggestion) remove the hard drive from the toughbook, connect it to another pc, and use diskpart to clean it completely and then put it back and try to boot from a usb stick..

Another school of thought is that after 3 attempts there should be an error code, there isn't...
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

25 minutes ago, TH3M4DR4TT3R said:

I've got myself a toughbook cf-c2ah10hba and all I get is a password prompt when I start it up. I can't access the bios at all no matter which buttons I press on the keyboard. I get the Panasonic splash screen and then a box saying "password". After 3 attempts it reboots to the same thing. I have no access to Windows either. 

The only thing I can think of would be to remove the cmos battery and the laptop battery and discharge everything or (a friend's suggestion) remove the hard drive from the toughbook, connect it to another pc, and use diskpart to clean it completely and then put it back and try to boot from a usb stick..

Another school of thought is that after 3 attempts there should be an error code, there isn't...
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

If you can't enter BIOS I would just plug the drive into another PC and wipe it

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help