Graphic card not powerful enough ?

Hello

Hope you all of you are doing fine in this testing times.

I would like some guidance on my graphic card. I just got a new custom pc build for me. Here are my specs.

CPU : Ryzen7 - 3700X upto 4.40 Ghz
CPU-Cooler : CM - Master Liquid ML240P Mirage
Motherboard : Gigabyte - B450 Aorus Elite
Graphics-Card : RTX2080 Super 8GB - Gigabyte-Windforce
SSD : Samsung - 500 GB (970 EVO PLUS) M.2 NVME
HDD : Seagate - Barracuda 1TB
RAM : 8x2 - Corsair Veng 16GB 3000
SMPS : Thermaltake - BX1 750W RGB
Case : CM - MB511 RGB
Wifi-Card : TPLink - TLWN881ND

Problem is I am getting low fps on my games. I run all my games on a 1080 p monitor.

Assasin creed odyssey : high setting 100 fps, ultra avg 72 fps

Dota 2 ultra: 138 fps 

Far cry 5 ultra 80 fps 

The benchmark numbers on various website show a lot more. Am I just being paranoid ? Or does there seem to a issue ? The temps stay at 80 deg after long gaming setion.

Thank you so much for the help

try reinstalling any drivers you have. if you really want to, reinstall your os. if you are using userbenchmark, their numbers might be inaccurate

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Okay will try it out first thing tomorrow. Thank a lot for your reply will keep you posted 😛

3 minutes ago, Allegro123 said:

Okay will try it out first thing tomorrow. Thank a lot for your reply will keep you posted 😛

Make sure you use the quote button so that we see your responses.

Did you enable XMP in your motherboard's BIOS to make sure your ram is running at the right speed?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

welcome to the forums ;)

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying so they'll get a notification @eeeee1

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, Allegro123 said:

RAM : 8x2 - Corsair Veng 16GB 3000

make sure they're installed on the 2nd and 4th slot from the left, as well as XMP/DOCP is enabled in bios

10 minutes ago, Allegro123 said:

Graphics-Card : RTX2080 Super 8GB - Gigabyte-Windforce

SSD : Samsung - 500 GB (970 EVO PLUS) M.2 NVME

Wifi-Card : TPLink - TLWN881ND

hmm... could it be pcie bandwidth related? unlikely though

is it possible to benchmark your cpu and gpu separately?

cpu can be done with cinebench

gpu can be done with 3dmark (and look at gpu score)

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Make sure you use the quote button so that we see your responses.

Did you enable XMP in your motherboard's BIOS to make sure your ram is running at the right speed?

Yeah sure will do so. Sorry m new to the forums. And yes I did that. When I play Assassin creed odyssey my gpu usage is around 96% and cpu is around 50%. So I guess gpu is bottlenecking 

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

make sure they're installed on the 2nd and 4th slot from the left, as well as XMP/DOCP is enabled in bios

hmm... could it be pcie bandwidth related? unlikely though

is it possible to benchmark your cpu and gpu separately?

cpu can be done with cinebench

gpu can be done with 3dmark (and look at gpu score)

Yes I have made changes in the bios regarding ram. Will try and benchmark cpu and gpu first thing tomorrow morning. But as stated above while playing odyssey the gpu goes upto 96 % usage and cpu is at 50%

3 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

Those numbers don't seem that far off. Look at these videos for example: link and link.

Yeah I am getting similar numbers. Just the benchmarking websites show arnd 15-20 % more fps then m getting that just got me worried a little. 

5 minutes ago, Allegro123 said:

Yeah sure will do so. Sorry m new to the forums. And yes I did that. When I play Assassin creed odyssey my gpu usage is around 96% and cpu is around 50%. So I guess gpu is bottlenecking 

High GPU utilization is exactly what you want. It's not a "bottleneck". The term refers to other components preventing the GPU from maxing out. Some settings that are often left out of benchmark websites include some forms of antialiasing that are computationally heavy. 

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

Yeah I am getting similar numbers. Just the benchmarking websites show arnd 15-20 % more fps then m getting that just got me worried a little. 

sometimes benchmarkers have little to no background task running, and their setting might be slightly different from yours, thus the FPS disparity

GPU die also varies from card to card, boost differently from cooler to cooler, so there's another slight diffrence there

24 minutes ago, RyzenDoctor said:

High GPU utilization is exactly what you want. It's not a "bottleneck". The term refers to other components preventing the GPU from maxing out. Some settings that are often left out of benchmark websites include some forms of antialiasing that are computationally heavy. 

Alright cool thanks for the help. I guess I was panicking a bit. Thanks a lot 

21 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

sometimes benchmarkers have little to no background task running, and their setting might be slightly different from yours, thus the FPS disparity

GPU die also varies from card to card, boost differently from cooler to cooler, so there's another slight diffrence there

Ahh.. yeah true that. Thanks for all your help. Truly did help 

11 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

If you want to be sure that your GPU is not underperforming, I highly recommend downloading 3DMark's demo on Steam and running TimeSpy. You can then compare scores online and that will show you the range of performance that the 2080 Super can achieve. It will provide a total score but you want to look specifically for your graphics score (although nothing wrong with checking to make sure your system runs as well as other 2080s/3700x systems).

The scores online, except for outliers, generally represents the range of performance you can expect. But do keep in mind that a lot of people overclock their PCs and they will be represented as well.

Yeah I will give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 minutes ago, Allegro123 said:

Alright cool thanks for the help. I guess I was panicking a bit. Thanks a lot 

You should panic when you see the stupid thing sitting at 10-20% while running as a slide show.... God that happened to me in GTA online a year ago... bad driver installation

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...