Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Dru27

Changed to a monitor and sensitivity feels very off

Posted · Original PosterOP

i was using laptop 15.6 inch display then switched to a MSI Optix G241VC Full HD 23.6 but when i used my sens that i was using for half a year (550 dpi 1000hz polling rate) it felt very off when i played fortnite and minecraft

im a competitive player for those games i really need my sens back because my aim feels very off i need help as soon as possible 

Are the screens the same resolution?

Sometimes the size difference tricks our brains too

Things I need help with: *new* Need help from "G-sync Compatible" monitor owner(s)

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Well just adjust it until you get the same feel?

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

What resolution was that display you were using?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

32 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Are the screens the same resolution?

Sometimes the size difference tricks our brains too

Yh both are 1920x1080 

32 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

What resolution was that display you were using?

1920x1080

33 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Well just adjust it until you get the same feel?

I have tried and it still feels very wierd

1 minute ago, Mr Dru27 said:

Yh both are 1920x1080 

is the monitor output from the same laptop or a different system?

Things I need help with: *new* Need help from "G-sync Compatible" monitor owner(s)

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

is the monitor output from the same laptop or a different system?

Laptop I'm only using the secondary screen not my laptop display

3 minutes ago, Mr Dru27 said:

I have tried and it still feels very wierd

Well you significantly changed how you see the game, so of course you'll have to readjust... Since you have the same resolution at a larger screen size the same mouse movement will feel like more change on the screen even if the actual FOV change is the same. 

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

Just now, Mr Dru27 said:

Laptop I'm only using the secondary screen not my laptop display

ok, just eliminating OS/system difference

then it's probably just the screen size throwing you off,

try spending 1-3 days on it, you'll get used to it

or you can try adjusting the DPI or mouse sensitivity, but this might throw you off even more

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Kilrah said:

Well you significantly changed how you see the game, so of course you'll have to readjust... Since you have the same resolution at a larger screen size the same mouse movement will feel like more change on the screen even if the actual FOV change is the same. 

But I feels like there's some mouse acceleration or something or delay 

ok, just eliminating OS/system difference

then it's probably just the screen size throwing you off,

try spending 1-3 days on it, you'll get used to it

or you can try adjusting the DPI or mouse sensitivity, but this might throw you off even more

I had this monitor for a week but I just very used 2 my sens and I've changed my dpi and every like Change my in-game sens polling rates and stuff and I just really need a fiz,it also feels like it has mouse acceleration but i have turned it off and Fortnite doesn't have mouse acceleration on

5 minutes ago, Mr Dru27 said:

or something or delay 

could be that that monitor have horrible input latency? or your laptop has severely higher delay when outputing to external monitor?

hard to test unless u have high speed camera

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

could be that that monitor have horrible input latency? or your laptop has severely higher delay when outputing to external monitor?

hard to test unless u have high speed camera

🤷‍♂️ I don't what to do because I have significantly gone worse when I got this monitor and I have tournaments coming up 

Just now, Mr Dru27 said:

🤷‍♂️ I don't what to do because I have significantly gone worse when I got this monitor and I have tournaments coming up 

just use your laptop's display for the tourneys in the meantime, until you get used to your main monitor i guess?

did u set the right refresh rate for the external monitor?

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Moonzy said:

just use your laptop's display for the tourneys in the meantime, until you get used to your main monitor i guess?

Yh I set it 2 1920x1080 75hz but yh I'll do that I guess but it's going 2 hate going back because it's small but I try thanks for your help tho 

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Another thing is i get more fps when playing on the monitor 

Just now, Mr Dru27 said:

Another thing is i get more fps when playing on the monitor 

how much more?

did u try DDU-ing the gpu driver and reinstalling?

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Moonzy said:

how much more?

did u try DDU-ing the gpu driver and reinstalling?

When on my laptop display I get around 90-120 and on the monitor 130-160 I don't know how 

3 minutes ago, Mr Dru27 said:

When on my laptop display I get around 90-120 and on the monitor 130-160 I don't know how 

-plays illuminati song-

try DDU your GPU driver and reinstalling it

and that's really an odd issue, must be some settings or some limitation somewhere in your system

what laptop model is it?

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

-plays illuminati song-

try DDU your GPU driver and reinstalling it

and that's really an odd issue, must be some settings or some limitation somewhere in your system

what laptop model is it?

😂

Hp gaming 15-cx0001 gtx 1050

Yh I thought the same thing I don't know how I get more fps and that's y I wanted my sens fixed because I get more fps on my monitor than my laptop display

5 minutes ago, Mr Dru27 said:

Yh I thought the same thing I don't know how I get more fps and that's y I wanted my sens fixed because I get more fps on my monitor than my laptop display

try DDU-ing your gpu driver first

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

try DDU-ing your gpu driver first

Ok how do u that

And I think it's coz my monitor is connected to my gpu and my display on my laptop is connected to my CPU gpu

Just now, Mr Dru27 said:

Ok how do u that

And I think it's coz my monitor is connected to my gpu and my display on my laptop is connected to my CPU gpu

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

download this tool, run it to cleanly uninstall your gpu driver

then head to nvidia website and download the latest drivers

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler