Asus sabre-toothed 990fx r2.0 turns of when I plug in power control cable.

my power supply called it quits so I bought a new replacement and found out when I plug in the power control cable it turns of and won't power on unless i unplug the cable.

Could be that your old PSU killed your board or CPU.

Which PSU did you have before (not just wattage, also make and model) and which one do you have now?

Which cable do you mean? Do you have a picture?

Which CPU do you have?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Which PSU did you have before (not just wattage, also make and model) and which one do you have now?

Which CPU do you have?

1596709622741285730084115409526.jpg

20 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Which CPU do you have?

My cpu is amd  fx-8350. My old psu was thermaltake litepower 700. model lp-700al2nh. New psu is thermaltake ltp-0650p-2 litepower 650w.

12 minutes ago, quetch1 said:

My cpu is amd  fx-8350. My old psu was thermaltake litepower 700. model lp-700al2nh. New psu is thermaltake ltp-0650p-2 litepower 650w.

The Litepowers are really bottom of the barrel power supplies.

If the system won't power on at all with the CPU power connector inserted, either the board or the CPU is fried. You won't know which one until you get a part to replace one of the two. Borrow it from someone if possible or get a cheapo FX4100 or whatever.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The Litepowers are really bottom of the barrel power supplies.

If the system won't power on at all with the CPU power connector inserted, either the board or the CPU is fried. You won't know which one until you get a part to replace one of the two. Borrow it from someone if possible or get a cheapo FX4100 or whatever.

Ahh ok thanks. It has a red cpu light and iv removed the cpu and plug the cable in and i now think its the board

7 minutes ago, quetch1 said:

Ahh ok thanks. It has a red cpu light and iv removed the cpu and plug the cable in and i now think its the board

???

The board can't post without a CPU. You need to buy/borrow another board or CPU and test which combinations work or don't work.