Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutzkhie

need help on my broken GPU

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I bought a GTX 1050ti almost 2 years ago, and today it keeps turning off the display, I already troubleshooted and narrowed down to the GPU as the issue right now I'm using my old GT 630 gpu which is more than a decade old (but still working while this newer card is already failing). Im thinking of cleaning it but the only thing I found on the local market is the WD40 Specialist which is primarily safe for electronics/pcb's but I wanna ask first. Is it worth it? the WD40 Specialist? and Do you have recommendations for me on how to fix this 

Thanks for those wholl reply, Id really appreciate it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

 only thing I found on the local market is the WD40 Specialist

what brand is the card?

I'm defn not an expert but I don't think wd40 specialist would fix it tbh


Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean the card using compressed air and a toothbrush ( or something similar ) carefully, take the heatsink off and use new quality thermal paste. Look for blown capacitors or any physical damage.

 

If all other solutions fail underclock the card until it is stable

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

card is Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC

2 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

what brand is the card?

I'm defn not an expert but I don't think wd40 specialist would fix it tbh

ill try that, thanks. What if theres no damage? 

1 minute ago, Biomecanoid said:

Clean the card using compressed air and a toothbrush ( or something similar ) carefully, take the heatsink off and use new quality thermal paste. Look for blown capacitors or any physical damage.

 

If all other solutions fail underclock the card until it is stable

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

card is Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC

ill try that, thanks. What if theres no damage? 

 

The possibilities are endless there could be a million things wrong. Try leaving your PC idling for like an hour, is the card OK ? does it still display on the screen ? if yes then do benchmarks until you replicate the issue.

 

If it crashes under stress there it is probably overheating

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Biomecanoid said:

The possibilities are endless there could be a million things wrong. Try leaving your PC idling for like an hour, is the card OK ? does it still display on the screen ? if yes then do benchmarks until you replicate the issue.

 

If it crashes under stress there it is probably overheating

 

The problem is my PC would start then after a few seconds or minutes the screen would turn off, sometimes when I turn on my PC it just wont show any display at all.

If all else fails, I think ill need save up again and buy a new GPU, im thinking GTX 1660?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Ben17 said:

what brand is the card?

I'm defn not an expert but I don't think wd40 specialist would fix it tbh

the WD40 specialist im talking about is the "contact cleaner" which says used for electronics part specifically and non-conductive

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Its working now, I cleaned it up and reapplied thermal paste, temp is at 34, and I set the fan from semi-active to active. I was wondering, which do you use? Auros Engine? or Gigabyte Xtreme Graphics? or Both. The two seems similar but Xtreme Graphics has more option, I worried that using both may interfere with either setup. What do guys think?

 

21 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

The possibilities are endless there could be a million things wrong. Try leaving your PC idling for like an hour, is the card OK ? does it still display on the screen ? if yes then do benchmarks until you replicate the issue.

 

If it crashes under stress there it is probably overheating

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, Lutzkhie said:

the WD40 specialist im talking about is the "contact cleaner" which says used for electronics part specifically and non-conductive

ah 

I get which you mean 

I have an asus card so I use asus software tbh 

So I'm not much help there 

Edited by Ben17
fixed typos thanks to phone autocorrect earlier

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×