Trying to get rid of coil whining

I recently upgraded from my old ZOTAC 1060 to a RTX 2070 SUPER and for some reason I get immense coil whining while playing games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Minecraft with a lot of FPS.

With the old 1060 there is no coil whine hearable.

I already sent the card back to the manufacturer and they sent me a new card but still... Same problem. The card sounds like my cat when you accidentally stand on its tail.

The coil whine is coming from the direction of the GPU and not the PSU.

But still... is it possible that coil while can come from a cheap motherboard or a cheap PSU that delivers "bad" current to the GPU? Because if yes I might consider upgrading my motherboard/PSU

Current setup:

MB: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

PSU: CoolerMaster MWE Bronze 650W

CPU: i7-8700k

RAM: 2x16GB Vengeance RGB PRO RRD4-3000

GPU: ROG STRIX RTX 2070 SUPER O8G GAMING

I was thinking about upgrading my AsRock Z370 Extreme4 to a ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming because then it would at least be from the same manufacturer as the GPU.

But if you think it's because of the PSU I could upgrade it to a Corsair RM750x (750W)

What do you guys think is the problem with my setup or should I just live with the coil whining? Because apart of the coil whining my setup runs like a charm.

EDIT: I posted it in CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory because I think my main problem could be the motherboard.

well there is no easy wall to get rid of that sound unless you replace the card with another one

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

well there is no easy wall to get rid of that sound unless you replace the card with another one

Well I already sent back the card and received a new one... It's pretty unlikely to get two bad cards in a row isn't it?

And I haven't heared about 2070 Supers having so much trouble with coil whining or did I miss out?

4 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

You said it's not the psu... Have you changed it?

No but if I listen inside the case the sound is clearly coming from the direction of the GPU.
Or do you mean a bad PSU could deliver bad current to the card and cause coil whining?
If yes... Would a Corsair RM750x (750W) be better than my CoolerMaster MWE Bronze 650W?

Or should I even go for a ASUS ROG-STRIX-650G (650W)? Because according to numberous websites a 650W PSU should be enough for my setup (but they don't consider all my RGB's)

Might just be bad power delivery

The amount of power is fine. But I would try a different psu..

Or before you do you can try not daisy chaining/pig tailing power to the gpu

6 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

daisy chaining/pig tailing

what do you mean by that?

If it's about the power cables I already tried both... Using one cable with the two connectors and using two seperate power cables for the GPU.

I also tried to put the GPU into the other PCIe-x16 connector of the MB but that didn't change anything.

The problem is that I don't have a spare PSU at home right now... But I have no problem buying a new one. Just I want it to be the right at the first try. Would you recommend a Corsair RM750x or a ROG-STRIX-650G, (or even the ROG-STRIX-750G)? I'm not really planning on doing a SLI setup soon so the only thing I might do in the future is upgrading to a 3080 or something.

6 hours ago, McPlayHD said:

what do you mean by that?

If it's about the power cables I already tried both... Using one cable with the two connectors and using two seperate power cables for the GPU.

I also tried to put the GPU into the other PCIe-x16 connector of the MB but that didn't change anything.

The problem is that I don't have a spare PSU at home right now... But I have no problem buying a new one. Just I want it to be the right at the first try. Would you recommend a Corsair RM750x or a ROG-STRIX-650G, (or even the ROG-STRIX-750G)? I'm not really planning on doing a SLI setup soon so the only thing I might do in the future is upgrading to a 3080 or something.

Yea that's what I meant

The rm750x or 650 should be fine. I would get a tx 650m gold tho