Aorus Engine - failed software?!

Kasper_MC

I know, i know... RGB software in general is miserable and should all be shot at dawn, but! 
I think the effect of the readout of the Aorus Liquid 360, looks really cool. The little screen that can display temps and custom images, so I bought it with some money I had laying around (actually total vanity, my old 240 was doing just fine)
Anyway, I've now run in to two issues in the setup of the damn thing. 
1. I've set the display to report CPU temps and clockspeed. The temps is updating as fast as HWinfo64 and other monitoring software I know. But the clockspeed updates for the first minute or so that the machine is running, and the settles on a permanent value. Even task manager, but also all other monitoring software I have, updates it constantly - but not my little aorus vanity mirror in my computer. Anyone know a way to fix that? I'm on the latest bios, and the latest version of the Aorus Engine. 
2. Anyone know a way around controlling the GPU fanspeed through the Aurus engine, when running the software. I need it to control the output on the previously mentioned vanity mirrow, and control the put/fan speed on cooling it self. But I'd really like to go back to letting MSI afterburner control the fans on my GPU, since I have a nicely tuned fanprofile there, that I cannot recreate in Aorus Engine because the shitty controls in there does not allow the slider to go below 33%, as far as I can work out. 

Specs: 
Gigabyte X570 Elite, F20 bios 
Gigabyte Aorus exstreme 1080ti

Ryzen 7 3700X
Aorus Liquid 360 AIO

Am I plum out of luck and should accept the punishment for being so vain; has nemesis come for me, while staring into the red, green and blue waters for the reflection of my Lian-Li O11 Dynamic? 
Or is there fixes abound? 

Hope you can help, as always. And hope you're doing well in the various isolations you're in :)

47 minutes ago, Kasper_MC said:

I know, i know... RGB software in general is miserable and should all be shot at dawn, but! 
I think the effect of the readout of the Aorus Liquid 360, looks really cool. The little screen that can display temps and custom images, so I bought it with some money I had laying around (actually total vanity, my old 240 was doing just fine)
Anyway, I've now run in to two issues in the setup of the damn thing. 
1. I've set the display to report CPU temps and clockspeed. The temps is updating as fast as HWinfo64 and other monitoring software I know. But the clockspeed updates for the first minute or so that the machine is running, and the settles on a permanent value. Even task manager, but also all other monitoring software I have, updates it constantly - but not my little aorus vanity mirror in my computer. Anyone know a way to fix that? I'm on the latest bios, and the latest version of the Aorus Engine. 
2. Anyone know a way around controlling the GPU fanspeed through the Aurus engine, when running the software. I need it to control the output on the previously mentioned vanity mirrow, and control the put/fan speed on cooling it self. But I'd really like to go back to letting MSI afterburner control the fans on my GPU, since I have a nicely tuned fanprofile there, that I cannot recreate in Aorus Engine because the shitty controls in there does not allow the slider to go below 33%, as far as I can work out. 

Specs: 
Gigabyte X570 Elite, F20 bios 
Gigabyte Aorus exstreme 1080ti

Ryzen 7 3700X

Am I plum out of luck and should accept the punishment for being so vain; has nemesis come for me, while staring into the red, green and blue waters for the reflection of my Lian-Li O11 Dynamic? 
Or is there fixes abound? 

Hope you can help, as always. And hope you're doing well in the various isolations you're in :)

sorry i cant help i dont no anything about the software side or Aorus Liquid 360 AIO oled software. some times software plays nice and other times it dose not.

i only have own 1 mb that had argb header and that was an cheap asrock mb and man it was so bad i just used the case build in controller Manuel button....

safe to say if the mb has rgb/rgb headers cool but im not going to go out of my way to get it nexed time as i did pay an extra $20 more for an mb that i was going to build a pc and re sell later ( i thought it adds value by having thows headers...) add cost and frustration... if i was smart i would have not gotten in to rgb or water cooling....but hay we all do stupid stuff.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

TLDR: @thrasher_565 for assistance with RGB. 

Thanks for the try - and thanks Thrasher for bothering to comment. 

For any future reference, I'm actually not using any of my motherboards RGB-headers. The AIO uses USB 2.0 instead. 

12 hours ago, Kasper_MC said:

Thanks for the try - and thanks Thrasher for bothering to comment. 

For any future reference, I'm actually not using any of my motherboards RGB-headers. The AIO uses USB 2.0 instead. 

np i no that. your trying to do something with the software that came with the aio. and posably do something with another software and there not compatable?

happens all the time with rgb software...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

np i no that. your trying to do something with the software that came with the aio. and posably do something with another software and there not compatable?

happens all the time with rgb software...

I've tried Aorus Engine (Gigabyte), Corsair Icue and Asus Aurora. Only the Aorus app has control of the OLED screen, that's my problem. Since I'm also running a Aorus graphics card it takes control of the fancurve over MSI Afterburner, so what I set in Afterburner is cancelled. And that software won't let me set GPU fanprofil under 33%. If I could run the cooler over another software suite I would. Then I could control the fans with the Afterburner app and I could maybe get a more reliable screen-update on the OLED. 

Just now, Kasper_MC said:

I've tried Aorus Engine (Gigabyte), Corsair Icue and Asus Aurora. Only the Aorus app has control of the OLED screen, that's my problem. Since I'm also running a Aorus graphics card it takes control of the fancurve over MSI Afterburner, so what I set in Afterburner is cancelled. And that software won't let me set GPU fanprofil under 33%. If I could run the cooler over another software suite I would. Then I could control the fans with the Afterburner app and I could maybe get a more reliable screen-update on the OLED. 

I'm trying to figure out, if there is a reg.edit or something, that allows me to take away the controls of the fans from the Aorus software/give it to Afterburner. That would at least fix half my problems. Then there's only the non-updating clockspeed-meter in the OLED to content with :) 

8 hours ago, Kasper_MC said:

I'm trying to figure out, if there is a reg.edit or something, that allows me to take away the controls of the fans from the Aorus software/give it to Afterburner. That would at least fix half my problems. Then there's only the non-updating clockspeed-meter in the OLED to content with :) 

i see now. maybe you can install it on a vm? i no nothing about software coding and stuff so i cant help there. i do no that asus has had lots of mods done to its software.

but it sounds like most mods don't make it on this forms so you have to go to another forms to find it like gigabite forms.

i no there was corsair stuff on there forms and every now and then a corsair reposetive post and say we don't condone any of this haha and people just continue to hack.... the big middle finger but its to make em do better on there part.