Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whipshadow

Budget Build for a Friend.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): $500-$600 (USD)

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing the latest games in either medium or high settings. Also for SFM

Other details: 

Hey guys this is my first post on here. My friend wants a budget gaming PC thats in between $500-$600. Me and a couple of other friends have compiled this list. I want to know if these parts will work well with each other and if I can get cheaper parts. 
 

P.S He says he's good with his storage and his monitor and will simply bring them over. However, he has an HDD, if you have any suggestions for a cheap SSD that would also be appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites

storage?

 

buy the memory and cpu used. you can get pretty good deals on lower end parts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Saksham said:

storage?

 

buy the memory and cpu used. you can get pretty good deals on lower end parts. 

I added a post script about storage just now. Would you suggest the RX 570 or RX 580 for a cheaper GPU? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Crucial BX500 is a good cheap SSD if you can find it in stock. Otherwise look to see if you can find some used RAM but looks good to me


My PCs:

VALENTINIAN : CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : MSi B450 Tomahawk Max || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x2 || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Black & White Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 White || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown, White Keycaps) || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud Alpha, Logitech C920 || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 2x Corsair ML120 ||

DIOCLETIAN III (HTPC) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 || CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Samsung Q60 65" QLED || KEYBOARD: Logitech G613 || Mouse: Logitech G305 || CONTROLLER: Xbox One Controller x2 || AUDIO: Samsung Q60R Soundbar || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || MONITOR: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || MOUSE: Logitech G305 White || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud II ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || HP All-in-One (Unspecified Haswell i7, 8GB DDR3, Crucial MX500 500GB ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S9 (64GB + 64GB uSD) || Galaxy S7 (32GB) || FitBit Blaze || iPad 7th Generation ||

CONSOLE : Nintendo Switch (Pro Controller x3, Joy-Con Grip x1, PowerA Enhanced Controller x1) ||

POLITICAL ALIGNMENT: Social Democratic || Centre-Left ||

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

The Crucial BX500 is a good cheap SSD if you can find it in stock. Otherwise look to see if you can find some used RAM but looks good to me

I would rather go with the MX500. the bx500 is really old and is of a lower quality. 

you could also go with a WD blue m.2 ssd as well. 

 

also, replace the 1660 with the 1660 super. its like $15 more and you get much better performance. 

 

if you go with the same cpu but used, you could save $10 there, save $5 for used ram, you could save another $10-20 on a b350 mother board instead (make sure you know the difference in b450 and b350). so the $30 you save by going used, spend $15 on the 1660 super instead and then another 30 for a good ssd. 

 

 

In fact, I have a ssd I could sell to you for $30. its a corsair mp500 120gb. it's really really fast and its m.2 form factor so it makes life easy. DM me for details

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, Whipshadow said:

Budget (including currency): $500-$600 (USD)

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing the latest games in either medium or high settings. Also for SFM

Other details: 

Hey guys this is my first post on here. My friend wants a budget gaming PC thats in between $500-$600. Me and a couple of other friends have compiled this list. I want to know if these parts will work well with each other and if I can get cheaper parts. 
 

P.S He says he's good with his storage and his monitor and will simply bring them over. However, he has an HDD, if you have any suggestions for a cheap SSD that would also be appreciated!

My friend says he is going to save up for a high-end PC. Thanks for the help, though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×