Which Monitor?

I am looking to get a monitor to replace my current 1440 x 900 display (playing games at this resolution doesn't give my 7950 justice :P) So I am torn between two monitors

Monitor 1: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MHMEFA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Monitor 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/VE247H-Widescreen-Response-Intelligence-Technology/dp/B004T2LMP2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1367422489&sr=8-5&keywords=acer+24+inch+monitor

I originally planed to get the Ultrasharp because I love the stand which comes with it, having height adjustments may be very useful for my setup, but after reading a few reviews, people said that the matte coating can wash out colours, making them look grainy. Is this true and how much of an effect will it have, if any, when gaming/photoshopping/editing? I also went for the U2212HM because I don't feel I need a monitor bigger than 24 inches as I am relatively close to my desk, but the Acer had a great price for that monitor at 24 inches, so is there much of a difference between the sizes too when gaming/editing.

Thanks for your time :)

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

I currently use the U2711 on my personal rig and the colours on there are much more accurate compared to the other two beside it. I personally prefer the matte screens over glossy ones mainly because of a personal preference but I feel like they are a bit darker compared to glossy screens which could lead to variations in colour but I would not say it is grainy.

I think it really just depends on what extent of photoshopping and editing you are you planning on doing and how important colour accuracy is for you. I have the i1 display calibrator which I use to calibrate my monitors monthly and the colours produced on my screen are practically identical to what I see when it is printed out.

As for gaming, I personally prefer higher resolution screens above anything else just because I prefer the higher detail rather than fast response times.But since they are both 1080p screen's, choose which one suits your needs more I guess. Sorry if I cannot be any more helpful because I have not tried any ASUS monitors lately. Hopefully someone else can pitch in their thoughts on the ASUS monitors for you though.

I am looking to get a monitor to replace my current 1440 x 900 display (playing games at this resolution doesn't give my 7950 justice :P) So I am torn between two monitors

Monitor 1: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MHMEFA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Monitor 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/VE247H-Widescreen-Response-Intelligence-Technology/dp/B004T2LMP2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1367422489&sr=8-5&keywords=acer+24+inch+monitor

I originally planed to get the Ultrasharp because I love the stand which comes with it, having height adjustments may be very useful for my setup, but after reading a few reviews, people said that the matte coating can wash out colours, making them look grainy. Is this true and how much of an effect will it have, if any, when gaming/photoshopping/editing? I also went for the U2212HM because I don't feel I need a monitor bigger than 24 inches as I am relatively close to my desk, but the Acer had a great price for that monitor at 24 inches, so is there much of a difference between the sizes too when gaming/editing.

Thanks for your time :)

False. Basically, what happened is that you have some manufacture long time ago, who had the brilliant idea of making inexpensive non-glossy screen. They simply used any textured transparent sheet (the cheapest they could find) that they put it in front of the panel. The result is as what they describe, where you lose sharpness, and washes out colors (actually a large part of the washed out color is because it was a TN panel. But the plastic sheet that they added didn't help. Now, for glossy screen, as this is what sells, manufacture just boost the saturation really high, so that it looks nice on store shelves. You using the monitor at home.. doesn't bother them, you already bought the monitor, and most people tend to not return what they purchase.) These monitor no longer exist (luckily.. well maybe the really budget ones), and they simply push glossy (meaning no treatment of any kind was done to the LCD panel).

Proper anti-glare process have a special, well, anti-glare filter fused with panel to avoid reflection, but at the same time allow light to pass through straight, meaning you don't lose sharpness, and colors don't turn out washed out. Also, they have the back light spreading system adapted for it. All this cost a lot of money. Because it makes the monitor expensive, it's not widely purchased. And because it's good, people don't complain.

All professional grade monitor, without exceptions, including: color critical work monitor, medical, surgery (color accuracy is critical.. if something pink appears red'ish.. it can result the surgeon do a wrong diagnostic), etc. monitors. Glossy is not an option in that market. So, if it was an issue, believe me, it won't be used.

As for "grainy"  claim, there is no magic trick. It will be visible, that is: if you are up close and focus your eyes on the panel, and not on the visuals of the monitor output. But being able to ignore this, over having a mirror in front of you, I think I'll pick the first choice. Beside, at a proper distance, you don't see it.

I have read the posts online, people that genuinely had a non-glossy monitor and complained, is because their desk is was completely inappropriate. The monitor was too close to them. I saw even a picture where the keyboard barely fitted with the U2711 that he had. Like, how can you call this a desk.. it's like a night stand more than a desk. Also, the brightness of the monitor is way to high. High-end consumer grade monitor brightness are freaking bright. Anyway,

Anyway, I agree with EddieXI.

P.S: I have the Dell U2410.