Help after resetting BIOS setting to default my pc cant find Boot option

OakiDoki

Every time I restart my pc during the boot when the Fans spin fast it just Switches off. It Switches on after a few second again tries to Boot and turns off again. This happens tepeatedly until it boots be in safe Mode. 

Can someone help me please? 

3 minutes ago, OakiDoki said:

Every time I restart my pc during the boot when the Fans spin fast it just Switches off. It Switches on after a few second again tries to Boot and turns off again. This happens tepeatedly until it boots be in safe Mode. 

Can someone help me please? 

Reset the BIOS, make sure to not enable XMP/A-XMP/D.O.C.P.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

4 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Reset the BIOS, make sure to not enable XMP/A-XMP/D.O.C.P.

By that do you mean resting everything to default option in the Menu? 

2 minutes ago, OakiDoki said:

By that do you mean resting everything to default option in the Menu? 

If you have the ability to, yes. If not, use a different method like a button, jumper, battery, etc.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

If you have the ability to, yes. If not, use a different method like a button, jumper, battery, etc.an I reenable the docp file for my higher ram speed again or is that whats causing the issue? 

1 minute ago, OakiDoki said:

an I reenable the docp file for my higher ram speed again or is that whats causing the issue? 

leave D.O.C.P off until we get the system functioning normally

2 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

I reset it but now there is no available Boot Option in my BIOS. I have a Samsung evo m. 2 ssd on which my OS is install Ed and a Seagate 2tb hdd but nether of those are found, when I try leaving the BIOS it just bring me back, what do I do now? 

3 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

IMG_20200805_215730.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Try unplugging your hard drive and then see if the SSD shows up as a boot option.

I did that but it still says the same message

18 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Try unplugging your hard drive and then see if the SSD shows up as a boot option.

Do you know how to fix that? 

31 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Do you know how to find a booting option when nether are available? 

I reset my BIOS setting to defaultafter having some issues, though afterwards there was no Boot Option, I could still see my m. 2 ssd (OS) and hdd as Hardware in the setting but nether could be used for booting, I tried to unplug the hdd and attempz booting from the ssd that way but it didn't work either, does somebody have a solution? 

IMG_20200805_215730.jpg

50 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Clear CMOS and re boot with only SSD.

I cleared my cmos by removing the mobo battery waiting 5 min and putting it back in, afterwards I started the pc but there is still no Boot option

@OakiDoki What's your drive configuration? Did you install your OS as UEFI or Legacy mode?

Try and clear the cmos once more? 

9 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

@OakiDoki What's your drive configuration? Did you install your OS as UEFI or Legacy mode?

Inside the BIOS topeft corner it says Uefi so um pretty sure it's that though I never saw the option

Load BIOS defaults

I don't think you are resetting the cmos

I had this issue on Asus boards. As soon as you do something to the ram the drives dissapear

25 minutes ago, recon_zero_ said:

Load BIOS defaults

I don't think you are resetting the cmos

I had this issue on Asus boards. As soon as you do something to the ram the drives dissapear

I tried that but it didn't work, I took out the mobo battery and reinstalled it a few mins later and I shorted the cmos reset Pins but nether of those worked either. My pc still cant find a boot option even though my m. 2 with th OS is Being shown as hardware

Do you know how to fix this? 

8 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Try and clear the cmos once more? 

I tried taking out the battery an dputting it back 5 mins later, I resetted the BIOS Option to optimize default and I shorted the cmos reset Pins but none of that worked, 

Do you know what I could try next? 

1 hour ago, OakiDoki said:

I tried taking out the battery an dputting it back 5 mins later, I resetted the BIOS Option to optimize default and I shorted the cmos reset Pins but none of that worked, 

Do you know what I could try next? 

Look for AHCI setting and try it enabled or disabled. Be sure raid is disabled unless you use raid, then you may have to set that up each time you clear cmos.

Lastly try the drives in a different PC.

Try new drive in your pc.

Try one drive at a time.

Drives check out, warranty the board.

Oh you has 2 threads.....

1 hour ago, OakiDoki said:

I tried that but it didn't work, I took out the mobo battery and reinstalled it a few mins later and I shorted the cmos reset Pins but nether of those worked either. My pc still cant find a boot option even though my m. 2 with th OS is Being shown as hardware

Do you know how to fix this? 

Was it unplugged when you took out the battery? did you press power with it unplugged to clear all power?

53 minutes ago, recon_zero_ said:

Was it unplugged when you took out the battery? did you press power with it unplugged to clear all power?I

I turned off the pc and unplugged the Power cable, was that wrong? 

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh you has 2 threads.....

Is that Bad? If so im sorry I can try taking one down im just trying to figure this issue out as fast as possible because it is quite stressing

5 hours ago, OakiDoki said:

Inside the BIOS topeft corner it says Uefi so um pretty sure it's that though I never saw the option

I still need the drive configuration,

And that corner just means the firmware is UEFI. Windows could be installed as legacy BIOS still. Make sure your CSM is enabled.