Plan on building a PC first time

Hayasaka

Hi I've never owned a desktop PC before and I'm planning on building a PC soon. I don't know where to start and somewhat don't know what parts I need. So pretty much starting from scratch.

Budget (including currency): £1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly used for gaming for games like Assassins Creed, Red Dead Redemption, Tomb Raider, etc. Some video editing, web browsing, Discord and plan on using 2 monitors.

Other details: I already own a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Will buy 2nd monitor in the future. I want to play at 1920x1080 up to 144hz but 60hz I think is fine if my budget isn't enough.

I want it to look fancy with some RGB lighting something like how this YouTuber has his :P

This case also got me interested:
Phanteks Eclipse P400A
https://www.awd-it.co.uk/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-tempered-glass-windowed-drgb-mesh-midi-tower-atx-gaming-case-black.html?wgu=13527_206719_15966389317962_cf37c61bdc&wgexpiry=1604414931&source=webgains&siteid=206719

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

This would be a great option for under £1000. If you can spend a bit more swap out the motherboard for the MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK as it will support later generation processors. 

I have that case you found, It is great and has very good airflow and looks nice. There are plenty of how to build a PC videos out there on youtube from people like Linus himself, Pauls Hardware, bitwit etc.

Just now, Avocheeseado said:

Wow mine is basically the same as yours. Didn't realise

Lol you're right :D

I just added more RGB and another GPU model.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

My suggestion with RGB on the case fans, cooler fan, mainboard, GPU and RAM. Pretty much everything lights up :D  Let me know what you think:

Awesome!

11 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:
If you can spend a bit more swap out the motherboard for the MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK 

How much more would it add to the total if I swap it out for that? 

Also lol both of you put up the exact same build. Thanks guys! 

Just now, Hayasaka said:

Awesome!

How much more would it add to the total is I swap it out for that? 

~50 punds more. But as long as you don't need PCIe Gen 4 you're fine with the B450 Tomahawk Max.

14 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

~50 punds more. But as long as you don't need PCIe Gen 4 you're fine with the B450 Tomahawk Max.

Ah ok. I'll prob go with the list you've given as you mentioned it has more RGB and I like my RGB 😄

After that it'll be all about me building it together which I'm really worried about and worried I might mess up because it seems complicated.

Thanks again for your help guys

6 minutes ago, Hayasaka said:

Ah ok. I'll prob go with the list you've given as you mentioned it has more RGB and I like my RGB 😄

After that it'll be all about me building it together which I'm really worried about and worried I might mess up because it seems complicated.

Just take a build guide from LTT, Pauls Hardware, Bitwit, JayzTwocents or Hardware Unboxed. Take your time. If you have any questions or problems during the build, the forum will answer them quickly.

7 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Just take a build guide from LTT, Pauls Hardware, Bitwit, JayzTwocents or Hardware Unboxed. Take your time. If you have any questions or problems during the build, the forum will answer them quickly.

Ok thanks.

2 minutes ago, Hayasaka said:

Ok thanks.

No problem! Have fun building your PC!

26 minutes ago, Hayasaka said:

Glad i could help you. Enjoy building your pc!