Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGuGuZai

2200G to 3400G or 4000 series APU?

Posted · Original PosterOP

My current rig is 2200G, a320m, 8gb 3200 x 2.

Want to upgrade to 3400g, or should i wait for 4000 series APU? i wonder if A320 chipset will support 4000 series APU?

I dont game much, mostly watch video and some light games like valorant.

@MrGuGuZai Wait for 4000 series APUs and do yourself a favor and buy atleast a B450 series mobo. 

Better overclock them APUs to squeeze every last drop of performance which you're paying for man!

afaik, new zen 2 apu's have a different agesa code from zen 2 apu's, looking it up, it seems like a320 does not support zen 2 apu's sadly, so you're limited to a 3400g as the best apu. 

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

I'd wait and upgrade your mobo before your APU. The Zen+ APUs aren't really much of an improvement over Zen. Same Vega graphics. You would see an improvement by going from the Ryzen 3/Vega 8 GPU to Ryzen 5/Vega 11, but you could see much the same improvement by just buying a used 2400G for a lot less than a new 3400G would cost. If the 4000-series enterprise APUs from AMD are any indication, CPU and GPU performance should see a big bump in Zen 2 APUs.

The Sh!tCentre: Ryzen 5 1600 - Gigabyte B450M Aorus - GTX 1070 FE - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 - Western Digital 1TB SN750 M.2 NVMe - SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD - Inland Pro 1TB SSD - Corsair CX550M (gray-label) - Vintage 2007 Lenovo ThinkCentre J200 case, complete with Celeron and Vista Basic stickers, and the Olympic logo to commemorate Lenovo's sponsorship of the 2008 Beijing games. Looks rad-iciulous.

@MrGuGuZai Exaclty, just like @aisle9 said, you won't notice the difference between zen and zen+.

When I was building my rig, I was also thinking of going with Zen+ 3400G, but after discussing with these members, I was more compelled towards the price drop in 2200G. I overclocked it to 3.9GHz and iGPU to 1650MHz.

Overclock your existing chip ( with a better mobo ) and you'll notice quite a performance improvement!

Good luck!