Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DabzerG

RED Digital Camera Accessory Recommendations

Recommended Posts

You are probably better off with something like a Canon C500 Mark II, or a Sony FX9. The Canon's and Sony's are more single user friendly, more reliable, and their accessories don't cost an arm and a leg. Plus, the Canon and Sony are in general more user friendly, as they have a more capable autofocus system, so unless you have a lot of experience pulling focus, the RED's will have a major learning curve to use effectively.

 

You might like the Canon better because Canon's colour science is well regarded compared to Sony.

 

But based upon your use case, why are you picking cine cameras for that type of work? You are probably better off with some sort of hybrid mirrorless camera, such as Canon's EOS R5 or R6, or the Panasonic S1H. You'll get what you need for that type of content creation with those cameras, as a cine camera is very much overkill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThePointblank said:

You are probably better off with something like a Canon C500 Mark II, or a Sony FX9. The Canon's and Sony's are more single user friendly, more reliable, and their accessories don't cost an arm and a leg. Plus, the Canon and Sony are in general more user friendly, as they have a more capable autofocus system, so unless you have a lot of experience pulling focus, the RED's will have a major learning curve to use effectively.

 

You might like the Canon better because Canon's colour science is well regarded compared to Sony.

 

But based upon your use case, why are you picking cine cameras for that type of work? You are probably better off with some sort of hybrid mirrorless camera, such as Canon's EOS R5 or R6, or the Panasonic S1H. You'll get what you need for that type of content creation with those cameras, as a cine camera is very much overkill.

A7Siii is the way to go


Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

A7Siii is the way to go

Or the A7sii if you can find a decent discount 


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 2:34 AM, Lord Vile said:

Or the A7sii if you can find a decent discount 

I would actually pick the Panasonic GH5 over the A7SII. The Panasonic is a better overall video camera.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 3:01 AM, ThePointblank said:

I would actually pick the Panasonic GH5 over the A7SII. The Panasonic is a better overall video camera.

Is a micro 4/3 though


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 12:03 AM, Lord Vile said:

Is a micro 4/3 though

The Panasonic can record 10 bit 4:2:2 internally at very high bitrates, has a waveform and vector scope built-in, can take full sized audio in/out via an accessory, and can record in excess of 30 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×