I need a but of advice

Hello! My name is Todd, My laptop recently got a virus, so I have been searching for a cheap Desktop. While looking on Amazon I saw a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7040, and was hoping to buy it, but I was wondering if it was, gameable? I will only really be using it for a bit of gaming ( just games like csgo and verdun that's about all I play ) some coding and editing, would this be possible?

Kind regards

- Todd :)

What are the specs? CPU, GPU, RAM? Google says there are 29 different variations.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

What is the specs of the Dell Optiplex? and why don't you remove the viruses from the laptop there is easy ways to do it that will prevent you getting a new one unless it's super old it's not worth it really

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

What are the specs? CPU, GPU, RAM? Google says there are 29 different variations.

I'll check

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What is the specs of the Dell Optiplex? and why don't you remove the viruses from the laptop there is easy ways to do it that will prevent you getting a new one unless it's super old it's not worth it really

It deleted system32 also it's a old laptop so there is no point :/

1 minute ago, xakxradros said:

It deleted system32 also it's a old laptop so there is no point :/

What was the specs of it? You could always reinstall windows

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

What was the specs of it? You could always reinstall windows

I honestly don't know, I know it was a Compaq and it had vista on it

12 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Polish_20200805_211057979.png

1 minute ago, xakxradros said:

That could game just put some sort of GPU maybe a RX550 or GTX 960 that could work

Reminder⚠️

Just now, xakxradros said:

I don't see anything about how much RAM it has and if there is a dedicated graphics card installed. If the graphics are running on the processor, gaming will be a pretty bad experience. As for RAM i'd say you need at least 8GB for basic gaming and windows in the background.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Kanna said:

That could game just put some sort of GPU maybe a RX550 or GTX 960 that could work

Ok no problemo thanks!

Ok no problemo thanks!

Also do keep in mind what the other guy said minimum 8GB ram so you may need to get some

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

I don't see anything about how much RAM it has and if there is a dedicated graphics card installed. If the graphics are running on the processor, gaming will be a pretty bad experience. As for RAM i'd say you need at least 8GB for basic gaming and windows in the background.

It has 8gb of ram 

Also do keep in mind what the other guy said minimum 8GB ram so you may need to get some

It says it has that exact amount so I might upgrade

It has 8gb of ram 

Then all you should need is a graphics card and you're good to go for gaming. If you tell us what your budget is we can maybe reccomend one.

It says it has that exact amount so I might upgrade

What ddr? what games are you going to play what's your budget?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

Then all you should need is a graphics card and you're good to go for gaming. If you tell us what your budget is we can maybe reccomend one.

Well my budget is whatever money I can get my hands on so I good cheapish one could be ok

What ddr? what games are you going to play what's your budget?

Games is really just csgo and verdun, I was able to run both games at low graphics on my last PC and budget is whatever money I can get

2 minutes ago, xakxradros said:

Well my budget is whatever money I can get my hands on so I good cheapish one could be ok

Maybe get 16GB ram and an RX 550 that could go for kinda cheap (8 is also enough tbh I would wait with 16GB unless you play some intensive stuff) Edit : csgo is not really intensive neither verdun so you should be okay with 8GB

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Maybe get 16GB ram and an RX 550 that could go for kinda cheap (8 is also enough tbh I would wait with 16GB unless you play some intensive stuff)

Ok thanks!