Upgraded cpu but performance is still same

devd.soul
Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
1 minute ago, devd.soul said:

Not yet. Im probably going to do that today because it seems there's not other solution.

That's your issue. You moved to a VERY different platform and didn't reinstall the OS - massive driver and firmware conflicts.

So i have a problem. i upgraded cpu in my pc from some old pentium to intel core i5 4440 because there was a huge gpu bottleneck. I runned battlefield 1 and performance is still same. With Watch Dogs 2 too, with pentium i cant even start it because i read that its not running on a 2 core cpu and after upgrade i cant play it because im still getting black screen on startup and this should not happen because that i5 is a 4 core. I tryied to update gpu and cpu drivers but they have newest drivers. I know there is still some bottleneck with i5 but it should be around 10% only. I looked up on youtube and nobody who tested it had any problems and games were running fine. I cannot bought any new cpu because i bought this on budget and now my money are tight. So i need some solution because this should not happen.

My pc: Gpu - rx 580 4gb

Cpu - intel core i5 4440

Ram - 8gb 1333mhz

19 minutes ago, devd.soul said:

because im still getting black screen

Recoverable black screen or you need to power cycle it?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

59 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Did you reinstall the OS?

Not yet. Im probably going to do that today because it seems there's not other solution.

46 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Recoverable black screen or you need to power cycle it?

Recoverable

1 minute ago, devd.soul said:

That's your issue. You moved to a VERY different platform and didn't reinstall the OS - massive driver and firmware conflicts.

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Okay, thanks for your help :).