Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gauzl

PC restarts due to storage issue

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have built my PC with a M.2 NVMe 2TB SSD as the only drive and since then I've gotten the occasional blue screen with this error "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" while other times the PC will just restart itself and will just stay on the motherboard logo screen until I enter the BIOS, upon entering the BIOS I see nothing in the boot menu and can only select to boot through ethernet. Simply turning the PC off and on fixes the boot menu in the BIOS and the PC will also load windows. But the issue persists. The only thing I've tried doing is swapping the SATA slot the SSD is connected to and it makes no difference.

9 minutes ago, Gauzl said:

The only thing I've tried doing is swapping the SATA slot the SSD is connected to and it makes no difference.

M.2 SSDs don't connect to a SATA slot, but ok.

Might be a faulty SSD, or just corrupt installation of windows.

I'd suggest remaking your install media, reinstalling windows, and if the issue persists, RMA your SSD.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604