PSU B-Stock Questions

Green L.E.D.
Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

That text means that B-Stock motherboards come with the I/O Shield, B-Stock power supplies come with the power cables, and B-Stock graphics cards and other devices come with nothing, not that it doesn't come with cables for graphics cards and other devices.

image.png.3f0abb5739085a9d40909aea8a35c58d.png

I'm building a system with a B-Stock part from EVGA and saw that it didn't include some cables. I'm a tad bit confused however. 

Graphics Card: No Accessories
Other Devices: No Accessories

So does this mean I need to buy my own SATA cables for a GPU that I'm going to buy? Are there any other things I should know if I get this B-Stock besides the "small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use"?

That text means that B-Stock motherboards come with the I/O Shield, B-Stock power supplies come with the power cables, and B-Stock graphics cards and other devices come with nothing, not that it doesn't come with cables for graphics cards and other devices.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

Wow that makes much more sense. Idk how I didn't see that before. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Green L.E.D. said:

I'm building a system with a B-Stock part from EVGA and saw that it didn't include some cables. I'm a tad bit confused however. 

Graphics Card: No Accessories
Other Devices: No Accessories

So does this mean I need to buy my own SATA cables for a GPU that I'm going to buy? Are there any other things I should know if I get this B-Stock besides the "small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use"?

B stock means not in proper condition externally and also refurbished. It's essentially a used part. I would advise you to get a new power supply with full warranty as this is the part responsible for all of your components sagety

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

B stock means not in proper condition externally and also refurbished. It's essentially a used part. I would advise you to get a new power supply with full warranty as this is the part responsible for all of your components sagety

Not even a refurbishment from the manufacturer? I thought EVGA's B-Stock was pretty great?

1 minute ago, Green L.E.D. said:

Not even a refurbishment from the manufacturer? I thought EVGA's B-Stock was pretty great?

Just because it says EVGA on the box doesn't mean something is automatically good. Check the tier list, check reviews and consider whether you want to trust a power supply that has been abused to the point of ending up on B stock rather than as an RMA part.