Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green L.E.D.

PSU B-Stock Questions

That text means that B-Stock motherboards come with the I/O Shield, B-Stock power supplies come with the power cables, and B-Stock graphics cards and other devices come with nothing, not that it doesn't come with cables for graphics cards and other devices.

 

image.png.3f0abb5739085a9d40909aea8a35c58d.png

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm building a system with a B-Stock part from EVGA and saw that it didn't include some cables. I'm a tad bit confused however. 

Graphics Card: No Accessories
Other Devices: No Accessories

So does this mean I need to buy my own SATA cables for a GPU that I'm going to buy? Are there any other things I should know if I get this B-Stock besides the "small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer

That text means that B-Stock motherboards come with the I/O Shield, B-Stock power supplies come with the power cables, and B-Stock graphics cards and other devices come with nothing, not that it doesn't come with cables for graphics cards and other devices.

 

image.png.3f0abb5739085a9d40909aea8a35c58d.png


¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon

 

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, BobVonBob said:

That text means that B-Stock motherboards come with the I/O Shield, B-Stock power supplies come with the power cables, and B-Stock graphics cards and other devices come with nothing, not that it doesn't come with cables for graphics cards and other devices.

 

image.png.3f0abb5739085a9d40909aea8a35c58d.png

Wow that makes much more sense. Idk how I didn't see that before. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Green L.E.D. said:

I'm building a system with a B-Stock part from EVGA and saw that it didn't include some cables. I'm a tad bit confused however. 

Graphics Card: No Accessories
Other Devices: No Accessories

So does this mean I need to buy my own SATA cables for a GPU that I'm going to buy? Are there any other things I should know if I get this B-Stock besides the "small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use"?

B stock means not in proper condition externally and also refurbished. It's essentially a used part. I would advise you to get a new power supply with full warranty as this is the part responsible for all of your components sagety

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

B stock means not in proper condition externally and also refurbished. It's essentially a used part. I would advise you to get a new power supply with full warranty as this is the part responsible for all of your components sagety

Not even a refurbishment from the manufacturer? I thought EVGA's B-Stock was pretty great?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Green L.E.D. said:

Not even a refurbishment from the manufacturer? I thought EVGA's B-Stock was pretty great?

Just because it says EVGA on the box doesn't mean something is automatically good. Check the tier list, check reviews and consider whether you want to trust a power supply that has been abused to the point of ending up on B stock rather than as an RMA part.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×