Very weird crash

SomeonesDad

So last night, this is what happens, i closed tf2 and tried running doom, upon opening it, im greeted with a black screen, i thought it was loading the program but after 5 minutes, i figured out something is very fucking wrong. I pressed alt + f4, it didnt bring me back to the home page, so do alt + tab. So i thought the issue is on the monitor. But then when i moved the mouse, it displayed the fucking cursor. So it wasnt the monitor's issue. Then i noticed the lightning in my case starts flickering. I dont know what to do, so i just turn off the computer. THEN IT SHOWS THE WINDOWS 10 SHUTTING DOWN SCREEN. I turn it back on, cpu and case fans are running, but the monitor didnt receive any signal at all.

So here's the thing, i actually fixed the problem that night, but i did a couple of things, i just want to know which one caused the problem in the first place

-I unplug and plug the GPU

-I made sure the connectors in the motherboard connected (Power button, 24 pin, etc)

-I wiped some dust inside the case (Very little amount actually)

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

6 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

I pressed alt + f4, it didnt bring me back to the home page, so do alt + tab. So i thought the issue is on the monitor. But then when i moved the mouse, it displayed the fucking cursor. So it wasnt the monitor's issue.

You can try CTRL+ALT+DEL or Windows+X -> T to get task manager to try and close it from there

6 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

upon opening it, im greeted with a black screen,

Sounds like there was just an issue with launching the game

7 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

Then i noticed the lightning in my case starts flickering.

Do you mean lighting or there were sparks?? Either way could be some power draw related issue with that on the GPU side

7 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

I turn it back on, cpu and case fans are running, but the monitor didnt receive any signal at all.

I get this now and then with my RX580, and tend to have to unplug and replug the gpu as you said

Just sounds like there was an issue with windows or your gpu not launching doom properly, if youre really concerned you can use DDU to wipe your drivers and reinstall

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

14 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

You can try CTRL+ALT+DEL or Windows+X -> T 

I actually pressed both of them, still doesnt work.

The flickering was at all of the lightning the case provides, a tiny bit under the glass panel and around the power button

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD