"THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" BSOD - Ryzen Integrated Graphics?

Go to solution Solved by Dunro,
On 8/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, Dunro said:

Also just found a thread on another site (albeit dealing with Ryzen 5) that mentions downgrading BIOS from 3.70 (which is my current version) to 3.20 helps.  I'm going to attempt that first.

To confirm, this seems to have solved my issue.  Marking thread as solved.

Hi,

This was my first attempt to assemble my own computer and I'm trying to resolve this issue where I blue screen either randomly or immediately after going something video-related  (Link to crash dumps, perfmon). Googling seems to tell me this is connected to my integrated graphics, although only 1 post was closely aligned with my specifics (which blamed the motherboard)

• OS - Windows 10 Home, 64-bit (10.0.18363.959), unactivated [My decommissioned PC's key didn't work, and wanted a stable build before I bought yet another copy of Windows...I've been putting up with these blue screens all along]
  • CPU: Ryzen 3200g integrated graphics
  • RAM - 2x8 3200MhZ DDR4 Ram (XPG Gammix)
  • MotherBoard - ASRock B450M-HDV
  • Power Supply - Corsair CX650M 

Hardware was purchased just a bit less than a year ago

Some days I can watch tons of YouTube videos (and use the PC to do some low-quality streaming with a USB capture card), other days it will blue screen not long after I start using YouTube, or Zoom, or an older MMO), every time I do it.  (CPU temperature seems fine - mid-30s)

I've seen both AMD's drivers and the ASRock motherboard being blamed for this issue (I don't see any new drivers on their websites). If I need to replace parts, then I can start saving up for that, but I'm surprised this issue isn't more common.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

So try these steps.

Download DDU

Restart system into safe mode.

Run DDU in safe mode and be sure to check box dont allow windows to install driver. When finished don't restart system yet.

Open CMD as Admin type

Sfc /scannow

When finished type

Chkdsk /f/r

Select yes to restart

After complete make sure your not in safe

Now install driver for your GPU.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, narrdarr said:

So try these steps.

Thanks, unfortunately I still get the same blue screen a few minutes after I completed the reinstall.

• 2 weeks later...

Really frustrating that this issue isn't better documented - surely I'm not the only one using integrated Ryzen graphics and Windows 10.

It seems like my only option is to buy a new graphics card (and potentially a new Ryzen CPU without the integrated graphics), and/or to buy a new motherboard.

have you done a bios update?

edit:

are all your drivers up to date?

20 hours ago, narrdarr said:

have you done a bios update?

edit:

are all your drivers up to date?

Turns out another Bios revision (4.10) was just posted on Wednesday. Otherwise, all drivers are up to date (as mentioned in OP - I don't see any other new drivers on ASRock/AMD's website)

Also just found a thread on another site (albeit dealing with Ryzen 5) that mentions downgrading BIOS from 3.70 (which is my current version) to 3.20 helps.  I'm going to attempt that first.

ASRock says that downgrading from 4.10 is not possible, so I'm hesitant to try that first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, Dunro said:

To confirm, this seems to have solved my issue.  Marking thread as solved.