PC won’t give signal to monitor, wondering if these two white LEDs on the graphics card should be lit up

TheBeast108

Been having issues trying to get it to POST, it is giving me a yellow green LED now and it wasn’t yesterday. But I was wondering if these white LEDs are supposed to be on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/fDKZUOm

Specs: 

ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 super advanced 8gb

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming mobo

Ryzen 7 3700X

16gb ram 

PC has the A9 code still, which means it’s start of setup but I don’t know how long it’s supposed to stay like that.

The white LED lights on the GPU indicate it is getting power, nothing to worry about there. Do you have the display plugged directly into the GPU or into the motherboard? 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

The white LED lights on the GPU indicate it is getting power, nothing to worry about there. Do you have the display plugged directly into the GPU or into the motherboard? 

Directly into the graphics card. The cable I know is fine as yesterday before I tried to POST I had it plugged into my laptop and it was working fine

6 minutes ago, TheBeast108 said:

Directly into the graphics card. The cable I know is fine as yesterday before I tried to POST I had it plugged into my laptop and it was working fine

The thing that concerns me is the green led on the mobo, is it the power indicator or is it a debug LED? If it was a debug it would say CPU, Ram, VGA, or BOOT next to it printed on the board. Clear the CMOS, then try re-seating your ram and testing it one module at a time. If that doesn't work re-seat the CPU and check for any bent or broken pins in the process. Can you list your full specs? Brand and model of all the parts please.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

9 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The thing that concerns me is the green led on the mobo, is it the power indicator or is it a debug LED? If it was a debug it would say CPU, Ram, VGA, or BOOT next to it printed on the board. Clear the CMOS, then try re-seating your ram and testing it one module at a time. If that doesn't work re-seat the CPU and check for any bent or broken pins in the process. Can you list your full specs? Brand and model of all the parts please.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EvkAkD9

Specs are;

ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 super advanced 8gb

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus rog Strix B550-E Gaming motherboard

5 Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair lighting node core 

Corsair HX850 watt platinum rated PSU

G.Skill trident Z 16gb 3200Mhz

Corsair H100i platinum SE

Corsair 465x case

Windows 10 home (not installed yet)

Ive reseated both sticks of ram, but I can also try just one. The boot led came on AFTER I reseated the GPU. Yesterday/last night, it was a VGA error LED

13 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Should I take out the battery to clear CMOS or should I jump the connection on the two pins with a metal screw driver or something?

6 minutes ago, TheBeast108 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EvkAkD9

-snip-

Ive reseated both sticks of ram, but I can also try just one. The boot led came on AFTER I reseated the GPU. Yesterday/last night, it was a VGA error LED

Try one ram stick at a time, see if that works. If it still doesn't post then you may need to re-seat the CPU. Besides memory and GPU it could be the CPU, either bent or broken pins or it could just be not seated correctly.

If you are trying to clear the CMOS you should unplug it from the wall, make sure it has no power, take out the battery and hold the power button for 15 to 30 seconds.

11 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Try one ram stick at a time, see if that works. If it still doesn't post then you may need to re-seat the CPU. Besides memory and GPU it could be the CPU, either bent or broken pins or it could just be not seated correctly.

If you are trying to clear the CMOS you should unplug it from the wall, make sure it has no power, take out the battery and hold the power button for 15 to 30 seconds.

I tried only one ram stick in slot B2 as said for single stick in the manual, then it started lashing the red led, white led, then went to the boot led. I guess cmos is my only option now. Is it fine to leave the graphics card out when I do that? And do I leave it out for a minimum of 5 minutes?

25 minutes ago, TheBeast108 said:

I tried only one ram stick in slot B2 as said for single stick in the manual, then it started lashing the red led, white led, then went to the boot led. I guess cmos is my only option now. Is it fine to leave the graphics card out when I do that? And do I leave it out for a minimum of 5 minutes?

I already explained CMOS in my last reply. Here is step by step how to do it. And yes, the GPU can be removed for this process.  CMOS is also NOT your only option, like I've already said multiple times the CPU could also be the culprit, I would recommend if clearing the CMOS does not work to re-seat the CPU and check for any bent or broken pins in the process. I feel like you are not reading my replies all the way the through as I've explained the CMOS reset, as well as the possibility of it being a CPU issue multiple times.

1. Unplug computer from the wall, it can't have any power going to it.

2. Remove CMOS battery.

3. Hold the power button down or jump the power button prongs(only if power button for case is not hooked up) together for at least 15 seconds, 30 is recommended. It should then be reset.

4. Replace the CMOS battery and hook the PC back up and try booting it again.

25 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I already explained CMOS in my last reply. Here is step by step how to do it. And yes, the GPU can be removed for this process.  CMOS is also NOT your only option, like I've already said multiple times the CPU could also be the culprit, I would recommend if clearing the CMOS does not work to re-seat the CPU and check for any bent or broken pins in the process. I feel like you are not reading my replies all the way the through as I've explained the CMOS reset, as well as the possibility of it being a CPU issue multiple times.

1. Unplug computer from the wall, it can't have any power going to it.

2. Remove CMOS battery.

3. Hold the power button down or jump the power button prongs(only if power button for case is not hooked up) together for at least 15 seconds, 30 is recommended. It should then be reset.

4. Replace the CMOS battery and hook the PC back up and try booting it again.

A friend sent me a video from asus. It’s not the cpu, gpu, or ram. I’m pretty sure it’s my ssd. When the pc turns on it checks itself. My gpu, cpu, and ram pass but the ssd isn’t. (I only have my SSD plugged in as I have no room for my harddrive.) so that would be the only thing it could boot from. I’ll still reset the CMOS, but I think if I could get a signal to my monitor and if I could get into bios, I think I could fix the boot issue

also, shouldn’t I leave the CMOS battery out for 5 minutes? And after I take it out, hold down the power button for 30 seconds like you said, but still wait that other 4 minutes and 30 seconds before putting the gpu back in?

15 minutes ago, TheBeast108 said:

A friend sent me a video from asus. It’s not the cpu, gpu, or ram. I’m pretty sure it’s my ssd. When the pc turns on it checks itself. My gpu, cpu, and ram pass but the ssd isn’t. (I only have my SSD plugged in as I have no room for my harddrive.) so that would be the only thing it could boot from. I’ll still reset the CMOS, but I think if I could get a signal to my monitor and if I could get into bios, I think I could fix the boot issue

also, shouldn’t I leave the CMOS battery out for 5 minutes? And after I take it out, hold down the power button for 30 seconds like you said, but still wait that other 4 minutes and 30 seconds before putting the gpu back in?

If the computer does not post or display anything it's not your SSD it's going to be CPU, GPU, Motherboard, or Ram. Clearing CMOS only takes the 30 seconds you do not need to leave the batter out for longer than that. If the SSD is bad like bad bad it could be possible, but you should still be getting a post or at least be able to get into bios. If you cannot post it's another issue.

51 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If the computer does not post or display anything it's not your SSD it's going to be CPU, GPU, Motherboard, or Ram. Clearing CMOS only takes the 30 seconds you do not need to leave the batter out for longer than that. If the SSD is bad like bad bad it could be possible, but you should still be getting a post or at least be able to get into bios. If you cannot post it's another issue.

Okay. So just to be clear on steps, I remove the battery, (after unplugging everything) hold down the case powerbutton for 30 seconds, the put the battery back in and turn on the pc?

1 minute ago, TheBeast108 said:

Okay. So just to be clear on steps, I remove the battery, (after unplugging everything) hold down the case powerbutton for 30 seconds, the put the battery back in and turn on the pc?

Yes.

52 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yes.

Called asus support, did CMOS, didn’t work, they confirmed it’s defective and now it’ll take 2 weeks for me to send it back, have them repair it, and send it back. They said 7-10 business days.

5 minutes ago, TheBeast108 said:

Called asus support, did CMOS, didn’t work, they confirmed it’s defective and now it’ll take 2 weeks for me to send it back, have them repair it, and send it back. They said 7-10 business days.

Did you even try re-seating the CPU or even checking it?? You may not have to wait that long, depending on when you bought it you can get it replaced or return it for your money back at the store or from the website you bought it from. Where did you buy it? Amazon, newegg, a local store?