Bought a GTX 1060 now im having display issues

Prawnzy

I recently bought a GTX 1060 6GB from someone on offerup who apparently got it from ebay. she states she couldnt fit the card in her case, i have a RX 480 4GB in right now as we speak, card works great through HDMI. i went ahead and followed a tutorial where i created a restore point and used DDU. When it came time to plug in the new card after wiping the drivers i plug in the hdmi cable into the card but nothing appears on screen. my monitor flashes blue like it does when i turn on my pc after a shutdown but then turns off and the orange light is on. the model of monitor is a VG245.Sadly this monitor only has 2 HDMI ports and one VGA port, i bought a HDMI to DVI and a HDMI to DP adapter on amazon and they are coming tomorrow. My question is, it is possible this person bought a card thats hdmi ports dont work? or is it something on my end? will the new adapters work once i get them? here are my specs and i forgot to note that the power supply is sufficient, 650w thermal take psu and the white light on the GTX is on

not sure, im hoping not. ill have to see when i get my cables tomorrow. is there anyway i can check to see if i was scammed like internally in the card itself? is it possible maybe when she bough it the seller didnt tell her the HDMI ports didnt work? ive read alot of posts on different sites where people say DVI works but HDMI doesnt. DP as well

Did you test the card first or have her show you it was working before buying it? Sounds like you may have been scammed, when buying computer parts GPUs especially you should always test them before purchase.

What are your full specs? You said "here are my specs" but didn't list anything.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Sorry about that

RX480 4GB

Asus M5A97 r2.0 motherboard

Adata ddr3 ram 8gb

Thermal take 650w power supply 

And a FX-8350 CPU

No sadly there wasn't any way to know if it worked or not. She was selling it for 100$ but she took 80. Saying the card didn't fit into her case and this thing is huge