Entry build for friend

Kanna

Budget (including currency): 5000kr ($569)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Scrap Mechanic, GTA V (not ultra settings), Minecraft, Maybe fortnite

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

1080p 60hz is fine he doesn't really own a 144hz monitor, rgb isn't needed only optional

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Hey there. Does he already have at least a monitor, keyboard, and mouse? 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (kr849.00 @ CDON SE) 
Motherboard: MSI H310M PRO-VDH PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (kr718.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Memory: G.Skill Value 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL19 Memory  (kr400.88 @ CDON SE) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (kr490.00 @ NetOnNet) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 8 GB PULSE Video Card  (kr1709.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (kr399.00 @ CDON SE) 
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (kr699.00 @ CDON SE) 
Total: kr5264.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-04 15:18 CEST+0200

Hit me up for cable management tips in this case. It's a challenge but it's possible to make it look really pretty.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Hey there. Does he already have at least a monitor, keyboard, and mouse? 

Yes

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI H310M PRO-VDH PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (kr718.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Memory: G.Skill Value 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL19 Memory  (kr400.88 @ CDON SE) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 8 GB PULSE Video Card  (kr1709.00 @ Dustin Home) 
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (kr699.00 @ CDON SE) 

Hit me up for cable management tips in this case. It's a challenge but it's possible to make it look really pretty.

Wouldn't another drive be useful? And wouldn't dual channel be better?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Wouldn't another drive be useful? And wouldn't dual channel be better?

Yes, but tough luck with a 5000kr budget. If you want to squeeze more storage and 2x8gb ram, you'll have to sacrifice a LOT of performance - and I mean going down to an APU, which is a hell of a lot slower.

250gb is okay for boot and a few games. You can always add in an HDD and another stick of the same RAM later on.

Just now, Aereldor said:

Yes, but tough luck with a 5000kr budget. If you want to squeeze more storage and 2x8gb ram, you'll have to sacrifice a LOT of performance - and I mean going down to an APU, which is a hell of a lot slower.

250gb is okay for boot and a few games. You can always add in an HDD and another stick of the same RAM later on.

Well then this should be fine I will wait for some other lists and see but I think yours is the best

Reminder⚠️

you're gonna need to save somewhere,

with a 250gb drive for windows + gta V you're already down atleast 50-60%

i'd suggest saving up a little more for the extra ram stick, and proper storage

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

you're gonna need to save somewhere,

with a 250gb drive for windows + gta V you're already down atleast 50-60%

i'd suggest saving up a little more for the extra ram stick, and proper storage

Well GTA isn't really important since he already owns it on console so I don't think he will be restarting on PC

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Well GTA isn't really important since he already owns it on console so I don't think he will be restarting on PC

pretty sure that if he uses his rockstar profile he can get the same stuff he has on his xbox on his pce

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, flashiling said:

pretty sure that if he uses his rockstar profile he can get the same stuff he has on his xbox on his pce

They removed that a while ago because "modders" but he doesn't even own the game just used it as example since I'm not sure if he will be getting it

Reminder⚠️

even so i'd suggest saving up a bit more, it obviously depends on if he gets 250SEK per month and his pc litterally is on fire rn, then yea some compromises are needed and they can be upgraded later.

but a system for 5000SEK wouldn't last for a long time and with the upgrades needed to make it a "proper" gaming setup he'll end up spending up to 2-3k over a short amount of time

15 minutes ago, flashiling said:

even so i'd suggest saving up a bit more, it obviously depends on if he gets 250SEK per month and his pc litterally is on fire rn, then yea some compromises are needed and they can be upgraded later.

but a system for 5000SEK wouldn't last for a long time and with the upgrades needed to make it a "proper" gaming setup he'll end up spending up to 2-3k over a short amount of time

An i3 9100f + rx 570 will play most anything at medium-high, 1080p, 60fps. Ultra settings are a joke and are almost always visually indistinguishable from medium unless you take a screenshot and study a doorframe shadow or something lol. 

It should also last a while given that the i3 9100F has solid single thread performance (games still lean heavily on this) and the RX 570 has probably the best software support of any GPU - this thing competed with a 1050 ti four years ago, it now competes with a 1650 super in 2020.

So not sure at all what you mean by 'proper'. 

One thing he's sacrificing upgradability... which can be addressed by buying a Ryzen 3 1200 AF (they're actually available in parts europe) paired with a cheap B450 board. 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

An i3 9100f + rx 570 will play most anything at medium-high, 1080p, 60fps. Ultra settings are a joke and are almost always visually indistinguishable from medium unless you take a screenshot and study a doorframe shadow or something lol. 

It should also last a while given that the i3 9100F has solid single thread performance (games still lean heavily on this) and the RX 570 has probably the best software support of any GPU - this thing competed with a 1050 ti four years ago, it now competes with a 1650 super in 2020.

So not sure at all what you mean by 'proper'. 

One thing he's sacrificing upgradability... which can be addressed by buying a Ryzen 3 1200 AF (they're actually available in parts europe) paired with a cheap B450 board. 

Damn this combo seems super good for the price then

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Damn this combo seems super good for the price then

It is. $400 (5000kr) has never been able to get this much punch before, some of the best entry level hardware since the pentium g3258. 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

It is. $400 (5000kr) has never been able to get this much punch before, some of the best entry level hardware since the pentium g3258. 

Oh it's 400 google told me 569 ;D

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Oh it's 400 google told me 569 ;D

Prices are a lot more expensive in sweden. These exact parts are $400 in america.

Just now, Aereldor said:

Prices are a lot more expensive in sweden. These exact parts are $400 in america.

Yeah it's due to taxes or what we call moms in sweden

Reminder⚠️

4 hours ago, Aereldor said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Just bringing this up don't I need a cooler for the i3?

Reminder⚠️

12 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Just bringing this up don't I need a cooler for the i3?

Comes with one.