RTX 2070 Super 0% usage in games

Like the title says, while playing games my GPU usage stays at 0% usage, not matter the graphics settings. I tried to play Battlefield 5 but it was unplayble due to lag and stutter while my graphics card sat at about 0% and went up to 5% at most.

These were the fixes I tried:
-Changed the power plan on Windows to High performance.
-Checked to see if in that power plan PCIExpress power management was off.
-On Nvidias control panel selected the correct GPU instead of being automatic on the 3D settings.
-Still on the 3D settings page I picked maximum performance on the power management.
-Uninstalled GeForce Experience and redownloaded the driver from their website.
-Installed a fresh version of Windows, installed all the drivers, didn't install GeForce Experience but installed the drivers from the website.

-Updated BIOS to the newest version.

After all of these fixes, yesterday the game ran fine but today the problem is back. I also had this problem last week when playing Metro Exodus, so the problem isn't Battlefield 5.
Games are completly unplayable, with heavy stutters, really bad framerates that I shouldn't be getting with this build.
I saw a post claiming it could be a bottleneck that can cause the problem but I don't think that's a problem here.

Here are the specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
-Gigabyte RTX 2070 super Gaming OC
-16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz Cl16
-MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi
-Corsair CX650M Semi Modular PSU
-Crucial P1 500GB
-Seagate Barracuda 2tb (currently not in use)

Is there any other fixes I can try? Because this computer is brand new, it shouldn't be having these kinds of problems.

temps? what are you using to monitor usage? 

ddu the drivers. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Hmmm what a weird problem, did you try removing all the old drivers? Try: DDU - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Are you using Direct X 12, vulcan or Direct X 11? Try changing between them.

It's not a bottleneck, it's balanced pretty well.

Weird question but you sure its a RTX 2070 super? (Just trying to paint a clear picture of the problem)

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

temps? what are you using to monitor usage? 

ddu the drivers. 

For usage I was using windows' task manager. I know it's probably not the most accurate tool. As for temps I'm using afterburner and they stay about ~50ºC when gaming.

3 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Hmmm what a weird problem, did you try removing all the old drivers? Try: DDU - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Are you using Direct X 12, vulcan or Direct X 11? Try changing between them.

It's not a bottleneck, it's balanced pretty well.

Weird question but you sure its a RTX 2070 super? (Just trying to paint a clear picture of the problem)

I'm downloading DDU now. I just tried BF5 and it ran perfectly with DX 11! Shouldn't an RTX 2070 super, in theory, run better with DX12 enabled?

And yes, I'm sure, it's not a prebuilt system.

So it seems DX12 was the problem. Which is strange since I don't know if Metro Exodus was using DX12.

Just now, joseAlmeida said:

For usage I was using windows' task manager

Try using something else. Like after burner. 

Use ddu and check. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, joseAlmeida said:

For usage I was using windows' task manager. I know it's probably not the most accurate tool. As for temps I'm using afterburner and they stay about ~50ºC when gaming.

I'm downloading DDU now. I just tried BF5 and it ran perfectly with DX 11! Shouldn't an RTX 2070 super, in theory, run better with DX12 enabled?

And yes, I'm sure, it's not a prebuilt system.

So it seems DX12 was the problem. Which is strange since I don't know if Metro Exodus was using DX12.

No probs, I had the same issues, my RTX 2070 hates DX 12, goodluck and enjoy your system.

2 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

No probs, I had the same issues, my RTX 2070 hates DX 12, goodluck and enjoy your system.

Is it a common thing for RTX cards to work badly with DX12? And is there any way to fix it? Because you would have to use dx12 to use ray tracing right?

16 minutes ago, joseAlmeida said:

Is it a common thing for RTX cards to work badly with DX12? And is there any way to fix it? Because you would have to use dx12 to use ray tracing right?

No it's not that common, BFV and Metro are really badly optimized. BFV in particular, when the game just launched I had 130fps+ almost everything maxed. Right now I need to lower it to medium/ high to get even close to 100fps lol

1 hour ago, aaradorn said:

No it's not that common, BFV and Metro are really badly optimized. BFV in particular, when the game just launched I had 130fps+ almost everything maxed. Right now I need to lower it to medium/ high to get even close to 100fps lol

Yeah I'll just play on DX11 for now, I'll wait and see if there's an update or something of the sorts that fixes it! Thanks anyways!