Mixing Eco Systems Does It Matter

I have just ordered a Lian Li 011d XL, i'm going to transplant my rig into it

Its going to be Water Cooled but i'm in no rush after just building the PC (and because my wallet hates me) so over the next few months buy parts i need to build the water cooling system. Im set on the EK-Quantum Momentum for the Crosshair VIII as my starting point & build it from there

Should i / Have to buy all the parts from the same manufacturer? Ive no reason not to i like the EK parts i'm seeing so may just stick with them but is an 360 Radiator from EK really any different from someone else 360 radiator? Are all G1/4 threads cut to the same standard from one to another? Are EKs fittings as good and better/worse then brand X? if i see a fitting that i like from a different brand can i use that instead

I'm trying to plan ahead now so a) i don't cause any unnecessary leaks or damage & b) just want to know if i can mix or match

Main Rig: AMD R9 3950x, 32gb Vengenace Pro, ASUS x570 Crossfire Hero VIII, 1080, HX850i, Lian LI 011d XL

4 minutes ago, mav359 said:

is an 360 Radiator from EK really any different from someone else 360 radiator

short answer: no. ofcourse manufacturers have some difference in fins per inch and whatnot, but generally speaking you can use any 360 rad you want.

Are all G1/4 threads cut to the same standard from one to another?

yes, it's an industry wide standard. so EK fittings will fit an Alphacool waterblock for example.

if i see a fitting that i like from a different brand can i use that instead

mostly yes, just make sure it'll fit the tubing you want to use aswell.

G1/4 is a thread standard. Like NPT for the USA. So all G1/4 are the same. Then just verify tube sizing. Remember some tubing is thicker/thinner walled etc.

Mix brands, just don't mix aluminum with copper. Or steel for that matter. Copper can be mixed with brass though. When picking a rad, find the size, thickness and FPI you want and buy the one with good reviews and price.

I only buy the same stuff if I want it to match.

If all the rads are visible. And the same with blocks. Aside from that i get what works. Ek rotary fittings and bitspower barbs. But used almost everyones fittings at one point.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Generally speaking you can mix and match any watercooling parts from any brand nickel plated, copper or gold plated, however you do not mix aluminium and copper/brass. It is also better to have all the fittings from the same brand and same series of fittings, unless you do not care about how it looks.
Also all the compression fittings must be the same and get a correct tube for it. For example some manufactures make 12mm tube and fittings but they also make 1/2” tube and fittings. They do look the same but they do not work together.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Cheers guys for the advice lots to think about

Main Rig: AMD R9 3950x, 32gb Vengenace Pro, ASUS x570 Crossfire Hero VIII, 1080, HX850i, Lian LI 011d XL