Ltt forum ratings

VladimireRoswellTod

a few mildly annoying or annoying members but otherwise, very nice

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

4 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Been here for a good while and I'd argue this forum is at a 4 in helpfulness.

That said from 18K + posting member??

TRY HARDER THEN!

In terms of helping others and stuff, I'd say it's a 7.

But as far as most of the members go, their ability to put effort into posts, taking feedback and criticism, doing their own research instead of having answer spoonfed to them...yeah, it's not great.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

That said from 18K + posting member??

TRY HARDER THEN!

Been there, done that, I know I don't know a lot of stuff, but not a lot of people are self-aware at their lack of knowledge.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Total 10 if you're online at the right time and mingle with the right people.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Been there, done that, I know I don't know a lot of stuff, but not a lot of people are self-aware at their lack of knowledge.

Understood. And stay within the Cpu and trouble shooting sections mostly myself.

There's quite a bit I don't know.

However, be it that I may mention that I do have select people that I turn people to for certain issues for help as it seems to be their expertise!! I enjoy doing that. 

26 minutes ago, VladimireRoswellTod said:

How helpful is this forum for you? Rate it 1 is the lowest 10 being the best.

and why?

0. I'm not here to get help, I'm mostly here to offer it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Total 10 if you're online at the right time and mingle with the right people.

Yeah and if you post at the wrong time, your question never gets answered and gets buried by people asking for advice on new builds or posting random stuff that should be a status update or a Facebook post. Nothing against those people asking for advice, but it does get annoying when interesting topics get buried under loads of them. 

Understood. And stay within the Cpu and trouble shooting sections mostly myself.

There's quite a bit I don't know.

However, be it that I may mention that I do have select people that I turn people to for certain issues for help as it seems to be their expertise!! I enjoy doing that. 

Yeah, it's why I tend to stick to the niches of what I know, which tends to be in the realm of console gaming, anything to do with the Source engine or other random bullshit I might know for whatever reason, like anything VHS. 

I just see a lot of content written by overly confident people who probably shouldn't be giving advice in certain scenarios, which can really annoy me. I guess I'm not helping by not pointing it out when it happens, but honestly, eh.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I'd say a good 5.
People bring good answers but they're drowned out by fools who have no idea what they're talking about.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, givingtnt said:

I'd say a good 5.
People bring good answers but they're drowned out by fools who have no idea what they're talking about.

This isn't Toms Hardware. We're at least a solid 8.

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Yeah, it's why I tend to stick to the niches of what I know, which tends to be in the realm of console gaming, anything to do with the Source engine or other random bullshit I might know for whatever reason, like anything VHS. 

I just see a lot of content written by overly confident people who probably shouldn't be giving advice in certain scenarios, which can really annoy me. I guess I'm not helping by not pointing it out when it happens, but honestly, eh.

I fit that over confident person thingy sometimes. I suppose being human never hurts. 

edit: Oh and I'll be sure to send you requests for help on consoles if I see a stray in distress :P

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

This isn't Toms Hardware. We're at least a solid 8.

Lol defenitivly not.
I'd give at most a 6 because I like the look of the forum. but this place is filled with people who pretend to be everything and know everything when they can barely google a simple question.

Not that most questions are relevant anyways..
90% of the posts on the forum I could take the title, dump it in google and just give the first link I find and it would be the right answer.
Why do you think LMGTFY links are banned

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

8 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

Lol defenitivly not.
I'd give at most a 6 because I like the look of the forum. but this place is filled with people who pretend to be everything and know everything when they can barely google a simple question.

90% of the posts on the forum I could take the title, dump it in google and just give the first link I find and it would be the right answer.

A lot of kids want to meet Linus. XD

Hey there.

29 minutes ago, VladimireRoswellTod said:

How helpful is this forum for you? Rate it 1 is the lowest 10 being the best.

and why?

Would give it a 7 - 8. Prior to joining the forums, my knowledge about PC building and PC peripherals was practically nonexistent. I'd like to say I'm a little bit (just a teeny-weeny bit) more informed now? The forums has been a very good learning experience for me.

Plenty of helpful guides, tutorials, and primers floating on the forums to read at your own pace. For product recommendations, fellow members are often happy to give opinions, what features to focus on, and reasons why. Troubleshooting is a mixed bag, I think, but questions are usually taken seriously and given serious answers. Tech News is sometimes interesting, but there's also a lot of unconfirmed rumors and educated guesswork -- nothing wrong with that, of course, just something I'm personally not interested in. I usually take Tech News with a grain of salt and only use it to gauge the general public's reaction/perception of something.

Also, quite happy to see posts, shenanigans, and off-topic talk from particular members here, always brightens my day. Definitely 'helpful' in lifting my mood, and sometimes given me a few ideas to think about. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

But as far as most of the members go, their ability to put effort into posts, taking feedback and criticism, doing their own research instead of having answer spoonfed to them...yeah, it's not great.

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I understand that there are a lot of parts to this forum but I'd say there's a general differentiation between the people who request information and the people who respond, I'm assuming you're talking about the former? I barely ever blend in with the people on here as I'm mainly here to provide answers, I'd say I have solid logic and can learn and understand how things work very quickly which is why I think I could be of help but when I'm uncertain I will always mention it to make it clear that it's mostly based on assumptions, but I agree that it can get very annoying when the people who post questions put very little effort into it, I used to put up with it anyway but mostly nowadays I'll simply ignore it

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I'd have to give it about a 3 for how helpful I find it. My needs/interests make up an absolute minority of the forums demographic so when I need a hand very few members here know how to help.

When it comes to the forums most popular sub-forums (ones I don't personally need help with) I'd give the forum a solid 8.5. Pretty good. Quick responses. Smart people. Friendly most of them at least.

It's a solid 8. 

If we're talking about how useful it is at aiding in procrastinating and wasting time. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I stopped frequenting the forum as much as I realized that most people could solve others' PSU troubles and questions without me as needed. The few times I've come back have been to post a troubleshooting thread and nobody ever seems to be able to help me. I'd say an 8, although I've made IT my career, so I'm probably going to come with some weird questions that might be hard to answer and will only become more difficult. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

between 7 and 9 to me

i knew a decent bit about pcs and hardware, but since joining the forum, im up to date on all the new advances and improvements in tech. there are some topics on the forum that not a people know stuff about, but thats the nice thing about the forum. there are people of various expertise here, and with the forum growing everyday, the amount of people who are knowledgeable about a specific topic will only keep growing. for now, you just need to post your question or issue at the right time, but im certain thats gonna change.

helping people on here is fun to me as well, ive had a few people message me images of their builds that i had helped them choose the parts for. the sense of fulfillment and happiness at the time is an added plus.

😕