Persistent VGA Led even after replacing almost all components

Hey guys really would like some help as this has been a long time coming. So I started getting this issue after moving to a new case a few months ago. Vga led came on no display fans spin light come on etc. Just couldn't seem to narrow down the issue so I rma'ed my 

Evga 2080 super 

Evga 1000w psu

MSI z390 motherboard

And i7 9700k 

Parts came in and STILL happening 

Tried booting with different RAM sticks and no luck. What the heck could be cause this?! 

bad drivers? weird software? gremlins?

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Can you boot the system with the onboard graphics?

I haven't tried since I got the replacement parts but I couldn't before

5 minutes ago, mbntr said:

gremlins

yeah.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

yeah.

Thanks 

Just now, capsule_tm said:

Thanks 

i know. im so helpful.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

i know. im so helpful.

Ask your friends or something I'm going insane here 😂 

1 minute ago, capsule_tm said:

Ask your friends or something I'm going insane here 😂

Mabey the drives?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Mabey the drives?

I'll give it a shot 

11 minutes ago, capsule_tm said:

I'll give it a shot 

13 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Mabey the drives?

So I unhooked all my drives but the one with my os installed on it and the light isn't on anymore but no display still 

So I unhooked all my drives but the one with my os installed on it and the light isn't on anymore but no display still 

try to post with no drives.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Try the onboard graphics first. Also check the bios and see if external graphics are even enabled.

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Just did now the boot led is on 

38 minutes ago, capsule_tm said:

Hey guys really would like some help as this has been a long time coming. So I started getting this issue after moving to a new case a few months ago. Vga led came on no display fans spin light come on etc. Just couldn't seem to narrow down the issue so I rma'ed my 

Evga 2080 super 

Evga 1000w psu

MSI z390 motherboard

And i7 9700k 

Parts came in and STILL happening 

Tried booting with different RAM sticks and no luck. What the heck could be cause this?!

Total shot in the dark, but possibly the display cable/monitor?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

You don't need hard drives to get a display and get to bios, same goes for the graphics card since you have integrated graphics. Try to take everything out of the case and connect only the motherboard, cpu, cpu cooler, ram, and power supply. Then connect a monitor and short the power-on pins on the motherboard to turn the computer on.

Edit: Have you already tried using a different cable and testing the monitor with a different device?

Just did now the boot led is on 

Thats a mobo problem i think.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Yeah, try this.

Also, try to clear CMOS (often can be done with a button) and if that doesn't work, try to do it again while your system is "on", and if that doesn't work try it when it's off and unhooked from the wall and then press the power button a couple of times to discharge everything and then clear again.

EDIT: oops, posted too soon: also check if the monitor and cable are working.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Okay so I can only get it to bios with one drive but it's not seeing windows. Creating a boot USB drive. Is it possible that my psu failing could of take all but one drive with it? 

13 minutes ago, capsule_tm said:

Okay so I can only get it to bios with one drive but it's not seeing windows. Creating a boot USB drive. Is it possible that my psu failing could of take all but one drive with it? 

mabey. or the seta ports are dead and writing gibirish to the drives.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Are you using both the 8 pin and 4 pin cpu power supply?

Have you tried a different set of modular cables to the 2080S?

Perhaps you have a rogue stand-off rubbing the back of the board somewhere?

8 hours ago, capsule_tm said:

Is Windows already installed on that drive? It could be that there is something wrong with that install.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7