Can someone verify the legitamacy of my wifi card?

rapidkillerx

I ordered a new wifi card for my computer and it came in a package that wasn't what I was expecting. It had branding of the company the pci-e carrier thingy was (fenvi) not Intel. I've attached pics of the HWinfo results for the new one and the definietly intel original one. Speed was slightly faster on the new one, but within a margin of error. I had a intel 8265 and am upgrading to an ax200.

intel8265.jpg

intelax200.jpg

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Looks legit enough. I have an ethernet card from HP that is branded as such but it's an Intel card all the way just with a sticker on it. I am guessing you bought a card intended for an OEM system builder. Those are usually cheaper. If the driver package from intel installs without error, you are good. 

9 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

I ordered a new wifi card for my computer and it came in a package that wasn't what I was expecting. It had branding of the company the pci-e carrier thingy was (fenvi) not Intel. I've attached pics of the HWinfo results for the new one and the definietly intel original one. Speed was slightly faster on the new one, but within a margin of error. I had a intel 8265 and am upgrading to an ax200.

These are repackaged Intel adapters. Killer WiFi is another that does the same thing, but supplies their own software/drivers to provide various tweaks and tools.