My main drive showing as unallocated space

Aricu

So i was going to download windows today for my new PC, then i discover that my NVME SSD is showing up as Unallocated space, what do i do?

1 minute ago, Aricu said:

So i was going to download windows today for my new PC, then i discover that my NVME SSD is showing up as Unallocated space, what do i do?

Make a new volume

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Make a new volume

Just tried it, didnt work, got the same error as when i tried to save it to the drive itself

2 minutes ago, Aricu said:

Just tried it, didnt work, got the same error as when i tried to save it to the drive itself

What is the error? Where are you trying to allocate the drive?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

That sucks, had the same issue three times in a row on my main SSD. The June 10th Windows patch caused my drive partition table to corrupt. Couldn't get the data back, had to reformat, reinstall windows and block the update (there is a tool from microsoft) once I've removed the update. Important was to not reboot before having it uninstalled again and blocked, otherwise the drive would corrupt again. I am hoping you have the same issue, if not, your drive is dying or gone already. You can try a partition recovery tool like EaseUS Free and see if you can recover it but that is a long shot. If you can't write to it at all, you may have a bad drive. But try to access it via linux or a windows install drive. The running OS is sometimes unable to mount the drive properly.

5 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

That sucks, had the same issue three times in a row on my main SSD. The June 10th Windows patch caused my drive partition table to corrupt. Couldn't get the data back, had to reformat, reinstall windows and block the update (there is a tool from microsoft) once I've removed the update. Important was to not reboot before having it uninstalled again and blocked, otherwise the drive would corrupt again. I am hoping you have the same issue, if not, your drive is dying or gone already. You can try a partition recovery tool like EaseUS Free and see if you can recover it but that is a long shot. If you can't write to it at all, you may have a bad drive. But try to access it via linux or a windows install drive. The running OS is sometimes unable to mount the drive properly.

The drive was good and fine, but i had to reinstall windows and thats when it fucked up, when i deleted the previous version

16 minutes ago, Aricu said:

im just gonna give up... thanks for the help guys...

I'm confused. So you have two drives installed your computer and you have Windows on one of them. You want to install windows to the other yes?

The new drive is going to show up as unallocated since it hasn't been used yet (I assume). You have to create a bootable USB key and install the Windows .ISO file to it in order to install Windows to the M.2 drive. You can't just copy the files over to the drive.