PSU good enough

Hi guys (and women)

Current system:               Graphics card GTX 660 gigabyte oc

CPU  I5 4440 

PSU  MS-Tech MS-N750-VAL 750W

Just a question. Recently I have got a gtx 780ti and want to put it in my system. My current graphics card has a TDP of 140W (1x6pin) and the GTX 780TI of 260W (2x8pin). From my PSU I have a 6 + 2 pin connector (8pin).
I want to convert from 2 molex 4pin to one 8 pin adapter.Is this right? My opinion is that if my PSU is good enough I don't need to convert from molex to 8pin. It should had them in the first place. And yeah I know that the converter cable only has 3 pins on the molex side. (1x12V+  2xGND). Photo of PSU has been inserted. Thnx for help.

PSU.jpg

I wouldn't pair a 780Ti with a PSU which is supposedly a 750W, when it's in fact a glorified 450W.

Get a new power supply, something like a CX450, CV650, Pure Power 10/11 500W, System Power 9 500W or MWE Bronze v2 450W, just to name a few - saying that I'd trust either of these a lot more than the PSU you're currently using would be an understatement.

I'm not sure whether they all have dual 8-pins though, so you'll have to check that for yourself. Molex/SATA to PCIe power are a big no-no, especially with that power hungry of a GPU.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I have using this PSU for over 6 years and never problems with it. But I will upgrade before I slot in a 780TI. thnx for you're help.