Suddenly no POST, EZ Debug LED CPU on

X01X012013

I built this PC just over 4 years ago, and it's been working until yesterday evening. This morning, it doesn't turn on anymore. All fans spin but no POST. This happened once a few days or weeks ago (can't remember exactly), but it worked again after turning it off and on. Today, however, I turned it off and on multiple times and it still doesn't work. 

I checked EZ Debug LEDs and the CPU one turns on as soon as I press the power button and it stays on. Fans are OK, the lights on my PS/2 keyboard flashes once but USB mouse doesn't get power. 

I uninstalled the heatsink to reseat the CPU and I noticed that the heatsink was never properly installed... I reseated the CPU and it still doesn't work. I also tried a few other things including unplugging peripherals and graphics card. Nothing worked. 

It looks like the CPU, motherboard, or the power supply became faulty. I unfortunately don't have any spare parts to test. I think most likely the CPU broke, but I also heard the CPU doesn't break that easily. My computer never shut down due to overheat, even under heavy load. Any idea where to go from here? 

Spec: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard: MSI H170A PC Mate ATX LGA1151

RAM: 4x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR4

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Power supply: Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold

Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950

try reseating the ram/ PSU cables/ GPU, maybe they came loose after a while. If that doesnt work you can try another power supply but as you said you dont have any spare parts to test with. Maybe ask a friend you know if they have one you can try

10 minutes ago, X01X012013 said:

-SNIP-

Try to reseat the CPU conector on you're board. If its not plugged in correctly you will not post, and the CPU light will be on.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Unfortunately nothing worked... I'll try get some spare parts for further testing. 

Update: 

I tried a new power supply and it still didn't work, tried a new motherboard + CPU and it now works. So either the old motherboard broke or the old CPU broke. I don't have a way to narrow it down further but most likely the old CPU broke.