Bluetooth buds or splitter?

Demonic Donut

My wife and I occasionally watch TV in bed on our laptop. Currently we share in ears like a high school couple, and while it works, it's getting old. One of us moves and pops the other person's out, a dog or cat catches the cord while they move and it unplugs and audio plays over the speakers and wakes up the baby etc, etc.

I would really like to go wireless, but am not sure if we'd be happy with them. I absolutely despise out of sync audio, and I'm worried I will hate Bluetooth headphones. Once I notice out of sync audio, it's all I can notice and ruins the show/movie for me. I know some wireless over ears are low latency because they aren't using Bluetooth, but I want in ear for comfort when lounging in bed. Is Bluetooth time delay a thing of the past? From what I've read, it is decent but not great. Are there faster wireless standards for in ears? I'd like to keep cost under $100 or so.

My cheap option is to use a 3.5mm splitter. It will help with some of our problems but I'm still stuck with a cord that can get caught and yanked on.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

2 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Are there faster wireless standards for in ears

there are, but it depends on the spec of your tv and your earbuds so it seems unlikely anything except standard Bluetooth will be supported 

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

there are, but it depends on the spec of your tv and your earbuds so it seems unlikely anything except standard Bluetooth will be supported 

We use a laptop so a USB dongle is fine. Or anything else a laptop can handle...