Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacksacorn

cheap second PC for streaming

Posted · Original PosterOP

my current build is this PC with a second ssd and more ram and I am planning to upgrade the gpu and psu but what should I get for the other parts or should I just build a new computer for playing video games? my budget is about 500 dollars.

Sell you current PC for around $400-$500 and then get a 3600 with a 1660ti/2060 super which will handle streaming fine.

|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

you already have a semi decent rig but AMD ryzen will leave it in the dust. wait two months and just build a new rig and sell this one. buy a next gen nvidia GPU so you can use the NVENC encoder so you don't need a crazy fast CPU for encoding

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

you already have a semi decent rig but AMD ryzen will leave it in the dust. wait two months and just build a new rig and sell this one. buy a next gen nvidia GPU so you can use the NVENC encoder so you don't need a crazy fast CPU for encoding

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Sell you current PC for around $400-$500 and then get a 3600 with a 1660ti/2060 super which will handle streaming fine.

alright wheres a good place to sell PC's

5 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

my current build is this PC

i5 8400 and 1050ti should be able to stream 1080p 60fps without an issue using nvenc

all you need is probably another stick of 8gb RAM

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

18 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

alright wheres a good place to sell PC's

craigslist, offerup, letgo

#MuricaParrotGang

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

15 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i5 8400 and 1050ti should be able to stream 1080p 60fps without an issue using nvenc

all you need is probably another stick of 8gb RAM

while that may be true today it's not future proof at all and with the money from this pc + his $500 he can make a really kick - ass system

#MuricaParrotGang

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

while that may be true today it's not future proof at all and with the money from this pc + his $500 he can make a really kick - ass system

so should i just spend it all on a new gpu because then I was planning to spend 800 on a gpu but i could spend more like 1300 on a gpu and more ram

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

i really dont wanna advocate on unnecessary spending and contribute to e-waste problem

of course adding $500 dollar to a pc would boost its performance, but why spend that money now and not later when better things can be gotten for $500? unless your pc isnt doing what it needs to be doing

that said, it's up to OP to decide if it's worth an upgrade, all im saying is that his system is still decent for light to moderate games today

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Just now, Moonzy said:

i really dont wanna advocate on unnecessary spending and contribute to e-waste problem

of course adding $500 dollar to a pc would boost its performance, but why spend that money now and not later when better things can be gotten for $500? unless your pc isnt doing what it needs to be doing

that said, it's up to OP to decide if it's worth an upgrade, all im saying is that his system is still decent for light to moderate games today

if hes selling it used then of course it's being used by someone else, i would make the argument that by selling it to someone you are actually helping the ewaste problem because that pc that otherwise wouldn't have been used is now being used, keeping another new pc on the shelf for someone else.

#MuricaParrotGang

4 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

so should i just spend it all on a new gpu because then I was planning to spend 800 on a gpu but i could spend more like 1300 on a gpu and more ram

depends on the game you play really

find which component is limiting you and upgrading that particular component is the best way forward

so what games do you play?

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

depends on the game you play really

find which component is limiting you and upgrading that particular component is the best way forward

so what games do you play?

games like hitman 

3 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

games like hitman 

im not familiar with hitman(2016), but i found this in youtube

Spoiler

not 1080p, it's 900p and runs around 30fps, fairly GPU limited too, on "max settings"

so you could upgrade to a better GPU for now, or your entire system as @BlueScope819 suggested

why are you looking to upgrade your PC btw? from your title and topic it would suggest that it was meant just to stream games

you could try to stream on your current PC and see how it goes, OBS does take up some CPU cycles, but NVENC handles most of the heavy lifting.

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

im not familiar with hitman(2016), but i found this in youtube

Reveal hidden contents

not 1080p, it's 900p and runs around 30fps, fairly GPU limited too, on "max settings"

so you could upgrade to a better GPU for now, or your entire system as @BlueScope819 suggested

why are you looking to upgrade your PC btw? from your title and topic it would suggest that it was meant just to stream games

you could try to stream on your current PC and see how it goes, OBS does take up some CPU cycles, but NVENC handles most of the heavy lifting.

ok thanks

4 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

ok thanks

if you're having issues with streaming you can post it in the forum, we can help you out

Things I need help with:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Spoiler