3950X for Gaming, Streaming and Recording at the same time?

How well would a 3950x work to game, stream at 1080p 60fps and record at 4k at the same time? Would a 3900x be enough or is it better to go for a 3950x?

3950 has a little higher clocks and would bring better performance. But not sure on that dollar increase though.

But yes will handle 4k streaming and recording fine.

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Depends on the quality you want but a 3950x would certainly get the job done. You may want to wait two months for Zen 3 though.

How about the 3900x?

To add on what's been said above, if you've got a Turing based GPU with the exception of the 1650 (so 1650 Super, 1660, and all the way up to the 2080Ti), you can just use NVENC encoding and get away with a 3700X/10600K.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

What gpu do you have? Because if it's a Turing card then you can just use nvec and get a 3700x/3600 which will be good enough. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

17 minutes ago, Natanael said:

stream at 1080p 60fps and record at 4k at the same time?

with cpu encode? depending on your game but most of the time probably not enough cpu horsepower to do it

as others have stated, use GPU encoding, it almost has no impact and turing nvenc has better quality than x264 medium/slow preset anyways

not sure how well it would handle 1080p 60fps and 4K encoding at the same time, though

my 3900x struggled to encode 1080p 60fps at 9000kbps (upscaled with lanczos to 1440p on output) on medium x264 while running monster hunter world at the same time, have to use fast preset, which isnt ideal

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 hours ago, Moonzy said:

with cpu encode? depending on your game but most of the time probably not enough cpu horsepower to do it

as others have stated, use GPU encoding, it almost has no impact and turing nvenc has better quality than x264 medium/slow preset anyways

not sure how well it would handle 1080p 60fps and 4K encoding at the same time, though

my 3900x struggled to encode 1080p 60fps at 9000kbps (upscaled with lanczos to 1440p on output) on medium x264 while running monster hunter world at the same time, have to use fast preset, which isnt ideal

I'm using a GTX 1080

2 minutes ago, Natanael said:

I'm using a GTX 1080

im not sure if it's capable of capturing 4K and 1080p60 at the same time, i would believe it should be able to, never tested though

but if you're using nvenc encode, you dont need a 3950x, unless you have other needs for it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Looks like it;'s better to just buy a 3900x system and use it as a dedicated streaming/recording/rendering a rig. My goal is to stream and possibly record at 4k (worst case scenario) at the same time without the overlays in order to upload the same stream with high quality footage on youtube.