Steelseries Arctis Pro vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones - Closed Back

Inzane
2 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Get the 80ohms with the hip dac.

if your grabbing the hip dac might as well get the 250 ohm Imo sounds better than the 80 ohm. but I do have to admit 250 ohms is pushing it with the hip dac

1 minute ago, Inzane said:

Aren't there any much cheaper? Or a DAC+AMP that costs like 50USD ain't better than my phone's or PC's?

What mobo do you have? That is the question. a 50 dollar one doesn't have to be better than your pc.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Just now, rice guru said:

while not my favorite model the fiio q1 mk2 or the fiio btr5 ,btr3k or shanling up3 should work fine for portable solutions. 

I'm looking into those. The problem is that I'm living in a small EU country, and a lot of gadget are just way more expensive than in USA.

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

What mobo do you have? That is the question. a 50 dollar one doesn't have to be better than your pc.

B85m-g43, it has a Realtek ALC892. My phone is a Samsung S9+.

Just now, Inzane said:

I mean yeah could be better with a 50 dollar one but actually spending a bit more is going to up the quality a lot if you want durability and more features.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

I mean if you r phone and mobo sounds fine to you your not gonna get much better for $50 may a fx audio dac x6 but like thas just good fro how cheap it is in respect to how much power it can push. 

If I were you. Save up for a ifi zen dac or the hipdac if you want it for your phone aswell.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

7 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

If I were you. Save up for a ifi zen dac or the hipdac if you want it for your phone aswell.

There are no zen dac or hipdac in my country, and the cheapest shipping here is 30USD :(
Fiio's are widely available.

There are no zen dac or hipdac in my country, and the cheapest shipping here is 30USD :(

What part of the world do you live?

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Just now, Tigerleon said:

What part of the world do you live?

Hungary, under a huge rock :D

2 minutes ago, Inzane said:

Fiio's are widely available.

in that case the fiio q1 mk 2 or the btr5 which sounds great bluetooth and even better wired.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

And guys, for real. If my phone and my PC can drive these headphones, will I get better sound quality still with a proper DAC+AMP? or the boost in quality only comes when my PC or phone can't drive it correctly?

And guys, for real. If my phone and my PC can drive these headphones, will I get better sound quality still with a proper DAC+AMP? or the boost in quality only comes when my PC or phone can't drive it correctly?

That is most likely the case yes. But you can hear a small difference between audio quality depending what dac it is. The 32 ohm version will work great with almost anything.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 hours ago, Inzane said:

there will be an improvement but not as big as upgrading the headphones how substantial the upgrade is , is up to how good you gear is and your ears. 

Guys, I've tried the M50X's and DT 770's, sennheisers and some others aswell (some cheaper and some more expensive ones). And I get it why you don't really like the M50X's, it was the most obvious against the DT770's. The DT770's was more clear, and more balanced ("flatter" aswell). But I liked the M50X's the most, I felt like the song was more alive, and I really wanted to dance if that makes sense. And It has more bass, (but not too much for me) and I liked the elevated highs aswell, which wasn't hars for me. Ofc the sennheiser ones and the beyerdynamic ones was more comfortable and a bit more clear, but for my taste I'm going with the M50X's.

11 minutes ago, Inzane said:

Guys, I've tried the M50X's and DT 770's, sennheisers and some others aswell (some cheaper and some more expensive ones). And I get it why you don't really like the M50X's, it was the most obvious against the DT770's. The DT770's was more clear, and more balanced ("flatter" aswell). But I liked the M50X's the most, I felt like the song was more alive, and I really wanted to dance if that makes sense. And It has more bass, (but not too much for me) and I liked the elevated highs aswell, which wasn't hars for me. Ofc the sennheiser ones and the beyerdynamic ones was more comfortable and a bit more clear, but for my taste I'm going with the M50X's.

Nice glad you found something you like.