The Description of The iPhone SE's Battery

I was looking at the iPhone SE's specs and I saw that they described the battery as "Lasts about as long as the iPhone 8" I found this funny also it feels delibreatly vaige about how small the battery is something which I find a bit misleading/

apple.PNG

..okay?

https://youtu.be/Z35Pf3C9l6I?t=709

Apparently, according to this video, the SE lasts an hour longer than the 8 in this particular battery life test.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

If 18 Watts means 50% charge one could think that the battery would be about 36Wh?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, Not Wills said:

Technically the truth, from the top of my head I think they have the same battery and CPU and display

The SE has the A13 the 8 has the A11

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 minutes ago, Mopy said:

I was looking at the iPhone SE's specs and I saw that they described the battery as "Lasts about as long as the iPhone 8" I found this funny also it feels delibreatly vaige about how small the battery is something which I find a bit misleading/

apple.PNG

How is it "delibreatly vaige" and "bit misleading", when it mentions hour numbers for how long the battery last just below it?

It's common knowledge MAH between an iPhone and Android phone do not match up, so that's probably why Apple omits it from the page.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

Technically the truth, from the top of my head I think they have the same battery and CPU and display

The SE has a 1624mAh battery while the 8 has an 1821mAh battery.

They do not have the same CPUs, as @Lord Vile mentioned above.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

If 18 Watts means 50% charge one could think that the battery would be about 36Wh?

The charge speed goes down sharp when it reachs 80-100%, so it's not that much

4 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

Well I did say off the top of my head they are very similar designs

Would say the jump to the A13 is important as it improves performance significantly as well as support. It also improves the camera.

4 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

Yea I must have got confused with the iPhone xr or 11 there branding is all over the place, when is the iPhone 12XSR pro max coming out.

It’s not really that confusing, Think iPhone XS or XS Pro would have been worse than XR and XS. It’s not exactly the USB spec.