Is it safe if my 2080 super isnt fully plugged into the pcie slot?

HiGuyz
2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Third picture down. You can see the card is slanted.

That's probably because the OP removed the screws to take the pictures.

The card is in the second PCI slot (the first one is an x1 slot), so the 2nd and the 3rd cover have to be removed. That's all fine!. I think what happened is, that the GPU I/O shield doesn't have a right angle. I'll just make a sketch:

image.png.6cca3672a6b61511eb6481d304f1e603.png

Obviously, the card won't be able to sit properly.

That's just what I could see on the pictures. Proof me wrong if necessary.

4 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

So i dont have to remove the top one?

Exactly.

Just now, startrek03 said:

Proof me wrong if necessary.

Maybe it's a case of wrong motherboard stand offs. Than the I/O shield of the mainboard might not fit completely as well.

4 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

That's probably because the OP removed the screws to take the pictures.

The card is in the second PCI slot (the first one is an x1 slot), so the 2nd and the 3rd cover have to be removed. That's all fine!. I think what happened is, that the GPU I/O shield doesn't have a right angle. I'll just make a sketch:

That's just what I could see on the pictures. Proof me wrong if necessary.

Exactly.

Thank you for this! However the Case is the bit that is bent, the IO shield is fine. The case screw pins is pointing outwards to the rear and down to the motherboard.

3 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

Maybe it's a case of wrong motherboard stand offs. Than the I/O shield of the mainboard might not fit completely as well.

Actually, one of the SS ports is misaligned(and also some of the ports and correct matched up) and i need to pull it backwards to plug stuff into it. So i think you solved it here! Thank you for this. I am not sure what i have to do fix this though since i did not build the PC myself

4 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

I think I'm wrong here since it can't make such a huge difference, tbh.

Basically you have to remove the motherboard and then the stand offs. Then messure how long those stand offs are and how much longer they'd have to be. Knowing the messurements and the threading of the stand offs (imperial/metric) just buy new ones online. They should be pretty cheap.

Just now, startrek03 said:

Basically you have to remove the motherboard and then the stand offs. Then messure how long those stand offs are and how much longer they'd have to be. Knowing the messurements and the threading of the stand offs (imperial/metric) just buy new ones online. They should be pretty cheap.

Is it worth doing this or is it safe to wait until I purchase a new case & a new PSU(current one is a Inwin 650W which some people have said is not good) since if i opt to fix it now I will have to do it again in around a month

2 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

Is it worth doing this or is it safe to wait until I purchase a new case & a new PSU(current one is a Inwin 650W which some people have said is not good) since if i opt to fix it now I will have to do it again in around a month

I'd probably do it. Shouldn't cost and take that long. However, if you want to switch the case anyways, why not now?

Additionally I'd never buy a PC from that system intgrator again, if they're doing such stuff. Forgetting or using the wrong standoffs is more than a fatal mistake and shouldn't be done by any professional system integrator. Especially beacause standoffs are delivered with the case and therefore should fit.

7 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

I'd probably do it. Shouldn't cost and take that long. However, if you want to switch the case anyways, why not now?

Have you got a link to a video or picture guide on how to remove & replace the standoffs, never done this before         

2 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

Additionally I'd never buy a PC from that system intgrator again, if they're doing such stuff. Forgetting or using the wrong standoffs is more than a fatal mistake and shouldn't be done by any professional system integrator. Especially beacause standoffs are delivered with the case and therefore should fit.

I got it from cyberpowersystem, I think i have a 1 year warrenty. Should i just fix it myself or use the warranty with them?

If you already know how to remove the motherbaord, you can just screw out the standoffs with a hexagonal screwdriver. Here's a picture of such standoff. You'll probably know what I mean:

image.png.223b29624bc990ebe3dd075f48250654.png

5 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

I got it from cyberpowersystem, I think i have a 1 year warrenty. Should i just fix it myself or use the warranty with them?

If you want, you can try. However, I don't know what they'll tell you, if you already tinkered with the machine.