Is it safe if my 2080 super isnt fully plugged into the pcie slot?

HiGuyz

If all pins are making electrical contact, it's fine. But the case shouldn't be like that. Are you sure that part isn't bent outwards, therefore preventing the card from going down all the way?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

It does seem to be bend todwards the motherboard, and the I/O shield for the GPU seems to bend outwards, so im thinking that the GPU goes under the case part (sorry i have no clue what the things are called). But i have no clue how to get it under there.

If it works its probably fine, my experience with similar things have been that the GPU hasn't worked at all until seated properly. Your case looks a little wonky though, might want to straighten that out?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I am planning on getting a new case soon anyway, as I plan to switch to AMD and have space for watercooling. Its good to know my GPU wont explode or set on fire

Probably not installed correctly. I would not run it like that if it were my 700$ card.

Just now, HiGuyz said:

I am planning on getting a new case soon anyway, as I plan to switch to AMD and have space for watercooling. Its good to know my GPU wont explode or set on fire

If it gets yanked out it could damage itself. Again, not recommended.

Can't you just push harder to seat it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, 5x5 said:

If it gets yanked out it could damage itself. Again, not recommended.

If the case does not move is it fine? Also if i straighten out the place where it needs to be screwed in then it will be even less plugged in since the GPU I/O shield is clashing with that part and wont allow me to push that part of the pins fully into the PCIE slot

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Can't you just push harder to seat it?

No, the GPU I/O shield is being blocked by those things hanging off the case where you screw it in

(See picture 2)

Edited by HiGuyz
Added in picture

1 minute ago, HiGuyz said:

If the case does not move is it fine? Also if i straighten out the place where it needs to be screwed in then it will be even less plugged in since the GPU I/O shield is clashing with that part and wont allow me to push that part of the pins fully into the PCIE slot

Wait you want to leave it hanging from the PCIe slot? That's a horrible idea. The cooler on it is HEAVY and it WILL bend it a LOT. Not safe at all.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Wait you want to leave it hanging from the PCIe slot? That's a horrible idea. The cooler on it is HEAVY and it WILL bend it a LOT. Not safe at all.

Oh no, it is screwed into the place where the I/O shield is, the issue is that it wont plug in fully

Just now, HiGuyz said:

Oh no, it is screwed into the place where the I/O shield is, the issue is that it wont plug in fully

Remove the other rear PCIe covers? There really shouldn't be any reason for it to not plug in. Did you forget the motherboard stand-offs or something?

Just now, 5x5 said:

Remove the other rear PCIe covers? There really shouldn't be any reason for it to not plug in. Did you forget the motherboard stand-offs or something?

It was pre built so no idea, the only other pcie covers to remove are below the GPU one so it would not do anything

9 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

No, the GPU I/O shield is being blocked by those things hanging off the case where you screw it in

Your card is also off center if you look at the rear of the case.

It looks like you've either messed something up or your case is damaged.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

is there something where it supposed to screw in on the side next to the front of the case?

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Your card is also off center if you look at the rear of the case.

It looks like you've either messed something up or your case is damaged.

I dont see it ? which part of it off center?. I think the case is damaged since it was pre built and i only removed the GPU to clean off some dust

5 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

I dont see it ? which part of it off center?. I think the case is damaged since it was pre built and i only removed the GPU to clean off some dust

Your top PCIe cover is not removed. The GPU is bending and it's probably not screwed into the correct place

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Your top PCIe cover is not removed. The GPU is bending and it's probably not screwed into the correct place

Oh yeah, I am going to remove that one. Where is it supposed to be screwed into place? There is no support to screw it in towards the front of the case

Just now, HiGuyz said:

Oh yeah, I am going to remove that one. Where is it supposed to be screwed into place? There is no support to screw it in towards the front of the case

Make sure the card is in the correct (top) PCIe slot and screw it into the corresponding back space

8 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

Third picture down. You can see the card is slanted.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

That's not it. There's clearly a PCI slot above the card, meant for the first slot in the back.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just now, dizmo said:

Third picture down. You can see the card is slanted.

That's not it. There's clearly a PCI slot above the card, meant for the first slot in the back.

There is no PCIE slot above the one that card is currently plugged in. Did the people who built my PC mess up?

2 minutes ago, HiGuyz said:

There is no PCIE slot above the one that card is currently plugged in. Did the people who built my PC mess up?

Nope.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just now, dizmo said:

Nope.

So i dont have to remove the top one?